Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco: Want to rent Chademo adapter this weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

e-FTW

New electron smell
Aug 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Hey folks, if anyone in San Francisco has a Chademo adapter, I'd love to be able to rent it from you for Sunday.

My family is in town, and that has kept me away from charging at work, and we only went out for one long drive (Fremont factory tour+SC and Half-Moon Bay). So now I need a fast charge somewhere, and my only option would be San Mateo and waiting at a SC is not very vacation-like. I live in a condo with no charging for a few more weeks...

The plan for Sunday is to drive the bridges, Golden Gate and Bay Bridge. If we do GG first and drive around via San Quentin bridge, we could stop at Ford Point, where there is a ChargePoint Chademo station. We could check out the Rosie The Riveter Memorial and get enough charge to be on our way.
Ford Point: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Anyone with a Chademo adapter in the city want to hook me up?

Charging doesn't have to be a waiting game. At the San Mateo Bridgepoint site, there's a nice mall where you can spend a few minutes walking around while charging.
There's J-1772 near the Rosie site that you can get some time on, if needed while visiting. And if you position trips accordingly, you can get some charging in during meals.

Honestly, I suspect that it will take you a lot longer to meet up and get, as well as return a CHADEMO adapter.