Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sanding Plastic Underskirt?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KyleM3

Jul 21, 2020
PA
Hey guys - my 3 is lowered and like many, have scratched up the plastic “under skirt” that snaps into the body of the car. I’ve scraped it up enough to where I’d like to smooth the plastic area just in front of the rear wheels (that little flap). I’m not the handiest guy in the world so I’m not as experienced with sandpaper. I didn’t know if anyone else has done this or can simply provide some advice on what grit to mess with? I didn’t want to go to low and scuff it up too much, but I know it is thick and durable.

Hey guys - my 3 is lowered and like many, have scratched up the plastic “under skirt” that snaps into the body of the car. I’ve scraped it up enough to where I’d like to smooth the plastic area just in front of the rear wheels (that little flap). I’m not the handiest guy in the world so I’m not as experienced with sandpaper. I didn’t know if anyone else has done this or can simply provide some advice on what grit to mess with? I didn’t want to go to low and scuff it up too much, but I know it is thick and durable.

New plastic rocker panel plastic skirt is ~$50. Just replace them!