Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire shop damaged rocker skirt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I’m new but I have a question. I had my 2019 at a local tire place that “is familiar and works with teslas all the time” they used my pucks to lift… now what happened (I was watching” was they were putting the pucks in and setting up the main lift but their lift didn’t have enough clearance to get under the puck. So the tech quickly grabbed a hand jack and lifted the car momentarily under the plastic black skirt (not on the battery). He then slid the main lift arm under the puck.

This damaged the plastic cover underneath and I have a picture of it. Either way my main concern is battery issues. I know Tesla says you can only lift from the jack points but aside from the cosmetic damage, is this something to pursue/worry about?

Attachments

• 048C820D-DBBE-4FF2-8343-884FB7BE4C3D.jpeg
    048C820D-DBBE-4FF2-8343-884FB7BE4C3D.jpeg
    602.6 KB · Views: 243
Looks fine amd based on how dirty the damage is it almost looks like a preexisting rash from a parking bump or something. Doesn’t look like a fresh jack issue.

Agreed.
This does NOT look like a gauge you would get from a lift or jack arm.
And it looks old and weathered, with gauged plastic rash fully oxidized. You ran over something LONG time ago to do this.

Either way my main concern is battery issues.

What battery issues?
Do you have any?

I know Tesla says you can only lift from the jack points but aside from the cosmetic damage, is this something to pursue/worry about?

No.

I ended up having Tesla look at it while it was in the shop for an alignment, they said it was fine. I also went back to the Tire Shop and they apologized and said to let them know what Tesla said and they'd take care of it. I said if it was just cosmetic I wouldn't pursue anything, and they offered me discounts on tires in the future. I will be going back they handled the situation very well.