Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SanDisk problem...Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought SanDisk High Endurance Card or video and dashcam from amazon and formatted as instructed on various YouTube videos and on here but still not working on my Tesla Model 3.

The car doesn't recognise it whenever I plug it in.

What am I doing wrong? Help guys...been using my car for months now with no dashcam

Someone mentioned USB port bus problems ... so mine was not working also I after I updated my model S software on March 6th 2020. The little icon would show up but it had an x in it. So I unplugged my Samsung phone from the other USB port and plug the USB drive in again and then it started working again, so there is some kind of incompatibility on the USB bus that maybe thinks my phone is already a drive or something.

Has it ever worked? Mine is the micros as card and it did work sporadically but has now stopped all together. Having formatted a few times it still not working. I noticed another post last night where someone USB wasn’t charging either, I’m going to check mine this morning, it certainly used to charge.

It never worked! Thanks, I will raise it with Tesla.

Has it ever worked? As well as formatting, you also put the all important "TeslaCam" folder?

Whats on it exactly when you put in a PC/Mac? Drive properties and top level folders useful to see - they may be corrupted.

USB socket/plugs also teem to be temperamental which can cause problems and corruption - latter is game over until a reformat. I could reproduce this at will on our car - I could turn Dashcam icon on and off just by slightly wiggling the USB plug - this can affect any device especially if its unsupported and 'flapping in the wind' - I velcro'd ours to underside of phone flap - problem solved.

Never worked, formatted properly and its brand new nothing on it.

I have an appointment at Tesla tomorrow to fix my charging port door, will see if they can do anything about it

OP - any way you can get a regular USB flash drive, plug it directly into the USB port and see if it works ? I've been using a SanDIsk Extreme 256 GB MicroSd Card with an adaptor and USB splitter from Amazon since Sentry Mode became available and I'm not having any problems with it....

Good shout, I will try another flash drive and see.