Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SSD Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a SanDisk Extreme to use as the Sentry/Dashcam disk. It came ExFat formatted and I added the two folders - Dashcam and Boombox. Won't recognize it in the glovebox with A adaptor or in either C in the bin. The disk shows up fine on my Mac. I dug around here and on YouTube and I'm stumped. Anyone have an idea?

Have you tried the format option in settings? I bought a Samsung T7 and I thought it would automatically work once I plugged it into the glove box.

Found the format drive setting and it worked after I formatted the SSD.
I read alot of people have issues with the T7, i found this one on Walmart

and was just going to grab and throw in.
I use sandisk extremes for personal use and never had any issues but didnt want to put a 150$ SDD in my glovebox lol

I bought a SanDisk Extreme to use as the Sentry/Dashcam disk. It came ExFat formatted and I added the two folders - Dashcam and Boombox. Won't recognize it in the glovebox with A adaptor or in either C in the bin. The disk shows up fine on my Mac. I dug around here and on YouTube and I'm stumped. Anyone have an idea?
I am not sure from your post if you know that the folder for the Tesla dashcam must be TeslaCam. The folder for the boombox must be Boombox. These folders cannot be in the same partition, so you need to create two partitions on your SSD and then create the folders, one per partition.

Reactions: jjrandorin