Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santana Row spot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How often is the Santana Row space available for a Model S owner?
Does one generally stop by the showroom to give them a phone number in case your car needs to get moved, or does one just park there and walk away?

I believe there are at least 2 spots that are for customer use. They re-arranged the parking spaces a couple weeks ago so they can fit more cars now. It used to be tandem style parking, but is now side-by-side like the rest of the lot. I usually see the spot most right used by the test drive vehicle.

I usually leave them my key if they need to juggle cars.

Hey, Bonnie.

I live 120 miles from Santana Row. Last time I went, I didn't bother them with recharging... I park over by the Cheesecake Factory.

One of these days, you too will have a bigger battery!! What fun! Also, Folsom Supercharger is on your way, so you can cut down the total range.

I know, I'm just being a PITA, right? Now, If I Were Broder, I'd never make it.

Rob

When I come up from Santa Barbara, I arrive with nothing left (not quite Bodering--though once I got the 'pull over and charge now' message 1 mile away) and I can't afford to not be able to charge. I always call in advance to let them know I am coming, and they have kindly juggled cars if necessary so I could charge.

I was there a few days ago and a MS Signature (Black) was charging. When I asked the sales rep if I could charge they said sure, but the Black MS Signature had been there for 6 hours, was finished charging but they couldn't get a hold of the owner to unplug. When I left several hours later the car was still there plugged in which made the charger unavailable. I was going to leave a nasty note but then thought about it and figured if the owner was that inconsiderate my note wouldn't have any affect anyway. Guess I could have keyed the paint but that's not nice.

If I use their charger I will leave my phone number with the reps in the store and answer if called to unplug.

At 5:30 on Saturday, about half of the slots (six?) were available. One of the chargers was free, so I used it, even though my car was one stall over from the charger and my car wasn't that low on charge. I asked the test drive employee if that was okay, and he said that if the cord reaches, it's fine. I went into the showroom and offered my key & phone number. They were crazy busy and told me not to worry as long as I leave before 9 (when they want to plug in their test drive car). I got back to the car at 8, and all of the stalls were filled. I think they could squeeze in one more stall if they wanted. They could also use more chargers.

I was there today and I think it's fairly recent that they redid their area. Now they have six (?) pull-in parking spots. I only spotted three charging opportunities though, one HPWC (in use), one 14-50 outlet (need an extra cable to have in the car), and one Roadster charger (unused since all spots were taken by Model S).

Skärmavbild 2013-02-23 kl. 21.32.59.png

Also new: They're moving! Two doors down, ready in a couple of months, to locale that's about 2.5 times the size of their current one. Must be doing well... (Note the current store in the far left in the picture.)

Skärmavbild 2013-02-23 kl. 21.33.16.png

- - - Updated - - -

About giving your number to the store so they can contact you... kind of a nuisance if you're there often. Maybe they could have a list of common visitors based on VIN? Do I sound spoiled rotten now?