Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Save the Date - Gigafactory Party July 29th in Reno

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My girlfriend and I will be driving from LA in our Signature Red Model S P85! We're planning to make a little roadtrip out of it: Yosemite Thu nite, Reno Fri nite (@Atlantis), Mammoth Sat nite, en route back to LA. Hopefully the SC's along the less traveled route won't be so congested. (We may need a slight range boost in Yosemite to make it to Topaz Lake; presumably we'll be able to find a hotel or ChargePoint that will let us plug in for an hour? Any suggestions?) Of course, we look forward to meeting many of you at the event!!
The Ahwahnee (now named the a Majestic Hotel) has 2 HPWCs. Have a meal there, or take the park shuttle bus, which is in the same parking lot and enjoy your tour around Yosemite while you are charging.

• Informative
Reactions: Ben W
I got my invitation on Wednesday night from the raffle and super stoked. Can't wait to see some of you all there. I booked at the El dorado 28-30 to save some money as the flights from Charlotte NC were expensive and I was able to find a deal for $200 cheaper after shopping around than the hotels they recommended. I have an S and reservation for a 3. I would love to get to ride in a model 3. I know they have not confirmed the cars, but the factory is tied significantly to the 3 so would make since.

Reactions: ModelX and Saxena
I got my invitation on Wednesday night from the raffle and super stoked. Can't wait to see some of you all there. I booked at the El dorado 28-30 to save some money as the flights from Charlotte NC were expensive and I was able to find a deal for $200 cheaper after shopping around than the hotels they recommended. I have an S and reservation for a 3. I would love to get to ride in a model 3. I know they have not confirmed the cars, but the factory is tied significantly to the 3 so would make since.
Congrats, many of us will see you there. I'd be shocked if they didn't have the Model 3 there - we rode in at the reveal and it was awesome. Enjoy the Gigaparty!

We are flying in to San Fran on Wednesday and have all day Thursday in the Bay Area before going to Reno for Friday. We did rent a car but would be interested in car-pooling to Reno if anyone is interested (or if anyone needs a ride?). A Model X with cooled seats would probably be better in the heat than whatever I get from the rental agency :).

Regardless, looking forward to meeting lots of owners and hoping to sneak in to a Tesla Factory Tour on Thursday if there are any cancellations.

Got the invite three days ago and I RSVP'd immediately! My best friend and I will be there. Amazed, excited and pumped! I've driven Tesla (sig) Model S since Christmas of 2012 and really really really want to tour the GF. Plus with our M3 reservations the idea of a test ride is insanely cool! See all you lucky guys and girls there!

Reactions: Saxena and ModelX
I've been offline for 10 days, hiking in Iceland. Last night my spouse checked her email for the first time in many days and we were stunned to see a Gigafactory event invitation! We immediately responded and received confirmation minutes later.

We have not had anyone use our referral code so are unsure as to why we received an invitation. We are thrilled to be going!!

Reading the invitation email, I noticed something that I don't recall seeing discussed yet on TMC. The email says that "test rides" will be available during the event. I am nearly certain that means that the Model 3 prototype(s) will be there and attendees will have a chance of getting a test drive! If Tesal was offering Model S or X rides during the event I think the invitation would have said "test drives" since surely they would let people actually drive the cars. But they won't let anyone outside of Tesla drive the 3 at this point, so the fact that the word "ride" was used means it will be Model 3 rides, in my opinion.

Last edited:
If anyone is flying into Reno and has a +1 available, I'd love to go with you. I'll be staying at Atlantis for TMC Connect 16, and can offer you transport from your hotel to and from the Gigafactory 1 event in my Model X P90D. I have a radar detector so the 50 miles roundtrip can be fun, too! :D

Please PM me here, or email russell d.o.t. engle (I use Goggle's mail) [to prevent spambot's from picking up my email address]

Thanks!

Russ

PS. I've been a TSLA supporter for quite a while now. Saw Model S at factory in 2011, invested in 2012, and reserved a Model X online on day 1. Spent countless hours (my wife wasn't happy about lol) mostly reading and some posting to this forum during the 4 years from my reservation to delivery. The wait was so worth it! Now I'm looking forward to returning my last ICE vehicle off-lease on Aug. 22nd!!

Hi!

I live 4 hours from the Giga-party...
I am determined to get into the party!

If you have any plus+ones you could kindly offer please PM me.

If you can offer +2... my friend and I can transport you to the party in style~ in her Model S...

Good luck to everyone~ and Many Blessings of Wellness, Peace & Joy on your journey and always....

FLAPS BEST.gif

I saw the schedule but it got me wondering about more details of the event - estimated attendance, "remarks"? Will there be an interior factory tour? Model 3 rides?
All we know is what is shown in the emails from Tesla about the event. It states there will be a "factory tour". Clearly that will be of the inside of the factory, but not the whole factory. We don't know who will be making the "remarks" but I suspect Elon will be there. We don't know the estimated attendance. We do know that there will be "test rides", not "drives". Make of that what you will. I believe there will be Model 3 "test rides" similar to what was available at the Model 3 reveal last March.

• Informative
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
If there are still any +1s up for grab, please PM me! I live in Vancouver, BC, but happen to be in Sacramento until July 31st, with nothing to do July 29th....
I did the factory tour last week in Fremont, but they couldn't help me out with any Gigafactory info.