Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saw my first REM sleep Tesla this evening

NorfolkMustard

Apr 18, 2019
M3P w/FSD
At South Mimms supercharger. Pretty dark this time of year/day, all the Teslas plugged in with lights off and dark interiors

model 3 in front of me, front wheels start twitching side-to-side. wtf?!

ah. They’re playing beach buggy racing

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.

NorfolkMustard

Apr 18, 2019
M3P w/FSD
Didn’t stay long. They looked quite confident it was going to work, drove straight into a bay, pulled the bottom cable out, no hesitation.

I thought they were going when the cable didn’t reach. But no. driver got back in and rolled it forward closer to the stall.

Rooster6655

May 3, 2019
UK
Didn’t stay long. They looked quite confident it was going to work, drove straight into a bay, pulled the bottom cable out, no hesitation.

I thought they were going when the cable didn’t reach. But no. driver got back in and rolled it forward closer to the stall.

Wish you had caught it on the dash cam and the reaction of the other Tesla owners!

what is a REM sleep Tesla in this situation?

Epico

Aug 8, 2019
Hampshire
It's not a rem sleeping Tesla but it is someone trying to "fill up" their Tesla...always worth a giggle this one

Last edited:

Rooster6655

May 3, 2019
UK
In humans/mammals, it's where you're asleep but your eyes move while you're dreaming - Rapid eye movement sleep - Wikipedia

with the cars all dark inside and out, that's what it reminded me of when they started playing beach buggy racing and the front wheels were moving side-to-side

Ah right I thought it was some code word for when a Zoe tries to supercharge, seems like they were asleep!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC