Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Say What You Want About Tesla Service, But

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I for one have an exemplary experience to share.

So I’m reading about how everybody is getting all these latest updates while neither myself (nor BATTCAR) have seen one in about a month. Yeah, I may have a case of Tesla first-world entitlement syndrome but I really wanted Dog Mode and Sentry Mode and Stoplight/stop line recognition, so since I’ve never had to take my car in for anything and never used up any of their time there, I gave the Vegas shop a call to see about whether my car is in line for an update push.

aaand a little while later, *FOOM-PAH*

so I start the download from my phone app, and never missed a moment of March Madness off my La-Z-Boy.

What service. Whatta a car.

A49AB8EC-BEE6-4D87-89A7-E1C020A1AD92.jpeg

I left my car in service on Monday to get a bunch of rattles fixed. Today I went to pick it up, did a test drive only to find 3 rattles still happening so I immediately returned to the SC. They then took me for 2 test drives with 2 different people and barely reproduced the issues (as usual...). After an hour of driving we managed to hear all 3 noises, but I had to argue to get one of the 3 fixed because one of the two people that came with me didn't hear that one, but the other did and I guess the person that didn't hear it had more authority, so they were willing to do nothing about it, and I wasn't happy.

I don't know what to think, your mileage may vary. At least they gave me a loaner with ludicrous today... It was so dirty I went to get it washed because I was embarrassed to drive it.

I've always had good luck with service so far, but my time there has been limited to a charge port replacement on the 2016 model S and a headlight replacement on the 2018 model 3. So one service visit on each vehicle in the last three years. I'm happy with Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrbulk
Service has been great. The frunk would not fully open so I made an appointment and two days later a Ranger called and said they could take care of it. He arrived promptly and fixed the issue and 45 minutes later we were sipping coffee. Awesome experience.

Reactions: mrbulk
The only time my car has ever needed to go to an actual service center they came and picked my car up, drove it back to the service center (3 hours away), and left me with a brand new 75D for the duration.

When it was done they brought my car back to my driveway and took the loaner home.

Every other time, a nice guy named Trevor comes to my house and does whatever needs to be done on the spot.

Reactions: dhrivnak and mrbulk
I left my car in service on Monday to get a bunch of rattles fixed. Today I went to pick it up, did a test drive only to find 3 rattles still happening so I immediately returned to the SC. They then took me for 2 test drives with 2 different people and barely reproduced the issues (as usual...). After an hour of driving we managed to hear all 3 noises, but I had to argue to get one of the 3 fixed because one of the two people that came with me didn't hear that one, but the other did and I guess the person that didn't hear it had more authority, so they were willing to do nothing about it, and I wasn't happy.

I don't know what to think, your mileage may vary. At least they gave me a loaner with ludicrous today... It was so dirty I went to get it washed because I was embarrassed to drive it.
Now that you mention it, there is a rattle under my driver door somewhere, hear it really obviously when driving over a short section of cobblestone type street to my neighborhood. Maybe I will use up some a their time after all. Hope I get a Ludicrous Plus to drive (even in valet mode).

One week later, they say the car is fixed. I take it for a ride from work back home and 3 noises (including suspension noise) are still there. This is becoming a nightmare real fast.