Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC gave me an extra middle seat! New office chair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So…due to an odd spot in the way the seat cushion was laying in my new Model X, Tesla replace the seat. They gave me the old one! I need a new office chair, and I’m beyond stoked to convert this to one.

Has anyone here done this before? I’ve found videos of people using a Model S seat, but the Model X 6 seat middle seat is unique (I think) as the seat is already essentially on a pedastal.

I’ll share more details on the project as I get in but I am PUMPED! Bringing it home with me today.

One thing I need to figure out…did I read that the new Model X is a 16v system instead of 12v? I need to figure out how to get power to it in order to adjust it.
Not sure if the epc (parts catalog) or the free (still) service manuals may give you a clue to that. I'd probably expect the motors in them to handle a range of voltage including down to 12v. Thinking that because they may be some standardize automotive motors that are used on other '12v' systems including previous Tesla with lead-acid 12v batteries.

VvNyBJJ.jpg

So…due to an odd spot in the way the seat cushion was laying in my new Model X, Tesla replace the seat. They gave me the old one! I need a new office chair, and I’m beyond stoked to convert this to one.

Has anyone here done this before? I’ve found videos of people using a Model S seat, but the Model X 6 seat middle seat is unique (I think) as the seat is already essentially on a pedastal.

I’ll share more details on the project as I get in but I am PUMPED! Bringing it home with me today.
It will be a great conversation piece.

But no way I would give up my HM Aeron or Embody for one.

Not sure if the epc (parts catalog) or the free (still) service manuals may give you a clue to that. I'd probably expect the motors in them to handle a range of voltage including down to 12v. Thinking that because they may be some standardize automotive motors that are used on other '12v' systems including previous Tesla with lead-acid 12v batteries.

VvNyBJJ.jpg
The parts catalog is free...good call on figuring out what the motor is. I'll try playing around with the pin outs and see if I can get it to do anything under 12 volts of power.