Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

scanmytesla/OBD adapter cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my cable and adapter last week and went to install it this past weekend. Unfortunately I was surprised to discover the same thing, that the cover doesn't fit with the breakout cable, and since I have kids that ride in the back with "happy feet", I really don't want cables exposed back there. So please chime in if anyone has come up with a decent solution to either put the cover back on or hide the cables.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: na5m
Have a friend who's trying to install a device with adapter in 2021 model y and he's running into the same issue. Says the blue section on the right side of the console that is bolted to the car is making it impossible to get the cover back on with the adapter installed, and that cable space is too limited. Did anyone figure this out?

Reactions: Stach
Have a friend who's trying to install a device with adapter in 2021 model y and he's running into the same issue. Says the blue section on the right side of the console that is bolted to the car is making it impossible to get the cover back on with the adapter installed, and that cable space is too limited. Did anyone figure this out?
One thing I noticed is that there are a bunch of different patch cables out there, most of them less bulky than the one I purchased... my attempt at a solution will be to take out the bolt holding the one end of the stock harness so I can move wires around to make the cable fit... if that doesn't work I will order one of the less bulky patch cables and try again.

Keith