Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCE Net Metering Interconnection Agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A short while ago, Tesla sent me a net metering agreement from SCE. I have an existing one for my solar, but it needed to be updated for the addition of the PW2 batteries. One of the sections (3.2) Monthly Billing Election had me concerned. It was requesting I initilal the section that I wanted to go to a monthly billing cycle. This would me that those months were I used more than I produced, I would have to pay SCE rather than wait for my true up period to end where I have always had a credit. I contacted my Tesla rep and she looked into it and got back to me this afternoon. She said that section is optional and that I did not need to initial it. I left it blank and sent it in. This should be my last step to get my SGIP rebate approved.

• Informative
Reactions: NuShrike and Tam
This should be my last step to get my SGIP rebate approved.

Take a look at my detailed writeup of my SGIP adventure. With each step I think I'm done, only to discover yet another step...

Powerwall 2 "waiting list"

I thought I was done after my interconnect license was received, signed for and send back to PG&E, but the plot thickens. Now Tesla/Solar City needs to actually apply for the SGIP incentive, which they claim is the final step...

So in summary,

(1) purchase powerwalls
(2) make sure that your city/town's electrical company has given Tesla the license to install powerwalls to be connected to the grid
(3) Tesla/Solar City submit a SGIP application to your electrical company to put you in queue for the rebate - to basically hold funds for you to eventually pay out once all the steps are complete.
(4) wait for installs, and final permit walk-through
(5) get interconnect license, sign and submit to your electrical company
(6) wait for then to accept it and send you back a version with their signature
(7) then Tesla/Solar City can apply for the actual rebate on your behalf
(8) wait for your electrical company to review your rebate application and once approved they will then mail the check to you
(9) wait for the check to arrive and then cash it.

For PG&E customers, the good news is that you have dedicated people at Tesla/Solar City, from the PG&E Internet Connect team, the PG&E Incentive Team working on your file. It just takes a VERY VERY LONG time to complete.