Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule Service option not on the App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Solar 9.5 panels and Power Wall.

Tesla is sending texts to Schedule Service with instructions to go on the app, then to support, then select 'schedule service.'
No Schedule Service is appearing to select. We're trying hard to figure it out.

Anyone have a tip or tale that may guide us to Schedule Service?

Half our life saving went into this system and we're concerned we won't be able to get service.

We've notified Tesla through chat and that just generates another text to Schedule Service.

We've tried online PC to our account and with the iPhone both refer us to the app, the app refers us to the app too.

Thank you for any guidance. We will be so appreciative.

When I’ve gotten that message I got to support in the app and there is a button to click on to schedule the service appointment. You can also give them a call at the number that ucmndd mentioned. They’ve always been real helpful when I’ve called.

584A0786-ED04-4372-A3F7-360181E786CC.png
3FE1C1C7-6CD3-4BB6-B31F-E81DF11638B4.png
61350DD5-AAE8-4839-92D8-68AC0B7C67B7.png

Here it is from the Tesla site:

Requesting and Scheduling Service​

If you are experiencing issues with your solar system, you can request and schedule service using the Tesla app. Our Customer Support team will contact you to help resolve your issue. If your system requires in-person assistance, we will schedule service with a technician. If eligible, we’ll conduct a virtual service of your system.
To get started, download the Tesla app and sign in using your Tesla Account. If you already use the app for your Tesla vehicle, register your energy products using the same email address.
Step 1: In the app, select 'Support’ at the bottom of your energy system home screen.

Step 2: On the ‘Support’ screen, select 'Request Service’ at the bottom of the screen.

Step 3: On the ‘Select Service’ screen, select your issue.

Step 4: Tap ‘Next’ to proceed with next steps to submit your request.

Step 5: We will review your request and follow up within approximately three business days via phone call or email.

It seems like this might be actively changing at the moment and Tesla is rolling out a new way to handle service that is similar to their vehicle service (which isn’t necessarily a good thing).

In the past there was no way to directly schedule service for Tesla energy products. You needed to start with phone support first, who would schedule a site visit for you only after triaging your issue (option 4 then option 2 at the above number, although I think it’s a weekday/business hours sort of thing and they’re closed on weekends).

Reactions: Lee Vining
As you can see, nothing on the app to select "Schedule Service."
It seems like this might be actively changing at the moment and Tesla is rolling out a new way to handle service that is similar to their vehicle service (which isn’t necessarily a good thing).

In the past there was no way to directly schedule service for Tesla energy products. You needed to start with phone support first, who would schedule a site visit for you only after triaging your issue (option 4 then option 2 at the above number, although I think it’s a weekday/business hours sort of thing and they’re closed on weekends).
I sure hope so. It's a faceless company.
Thanks.

FYI, this is what it looks like in my app. The button is supposed to be at the very bottom.

You could try the usual things like uninstalling and reinstalling the app if you haven't already.
View attachment 826814
I'll try that.
We just downloaded the app this week so I was hesitant to do it.
We love the system so far. Exceeded our expectations.
Driving the car charged by the sun is truly "burning sunlight."

Last edited:
I'll try that.
We just downloaded the app this week so I was hesitant to do it.
We love the system so far. Exceeded our expectations.
Driving the car charged by the sun is truly "burning sunlight."
We have seen on new installs that some app features get gradually rolled out over a week or two after install (self powered vs time based control, go of grid, etc.). It would be strange if "request support" would be one of those but I wouldn't put it past Tesla.

Glad you are enjoying your system.

We're everything approved except the gateway to the power company.

So, that means you dont have permission to operate (from the power company, which is what we are talking about when we ask about PTO) yet, at least that is what I am hearing.

Thats likely why you see no support options in your app.