Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule Service option not on the App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember reading that tesla was supposedly rolling that out (the ability to schedule energy service in the app). Frankly, I dont think its that great a thing to be going after. I mean, its convenient, but I have said this before.... as someone who also works on incoming work in a "ticketing system", "web tickets" usually go into a big, general "bucket" to be triaged by tier 1 help desk agents based on what was submitted.

They obviously cant ask questions, and the queue usually ends up being very large, with a number of tickets, and some pressure to get through them ("get the web tickets assigned!").

Tesla would generally prefer you to not talk to a human for support until you absolutely have to, because computers wont promise anything that isnt avaialble, etc, but in general it takes longer for a web ticket to get to the "right group" for it to be worked on.

I have no inside knowledge of teslas systems at all, but have worked in some form of "IT support" my entire working career. Its almost always better / faster to talk to a human being and explain the issue in terms they can understand, so they can either help you solve it, or more likely get it routed quicker to someone who can.

For this OP they should call tesla energy support. I believe the number was already posted, but tesla energy support does not have a recording to "schedule service in the app", at least not that I have ever heard at the number I call for them.

@ucmndd posted a number they call for tesla energy support, but that is not the same number I have. Perhaps both numbers go to the same help desk, but in case they dont, the number I call is 877-961-7652.

If I call during general "business hours" of monday - friday 8am to 5pm (of which I have no idea what that numbers actual hours are), I always get a human being I can talk to.

Reactions: TBrownTX
What is the problem for which you’re trying to schedule service?
Exposed wiring, missing roof tiles, panel trim not installed and we were told they'd return for that,, never did.

Also we're receiving twice daily texts saying our system isn't working properly, that it has faults and to schedule a "Service Appointment" thru the app.
No 'service appointment' feature is available on the app as directed.
I think I mentioned that in my first post.
9.6 system on a clear sunny day struggling to produce 3.4 and generating trouble texts.

How it all began:
First Tesla crew showed up and told us we needed a 200 AMP panel before they could start work. They packed up and left.

We paid $7.000 for that 200 AMP panel and notified Tesla.

Second crew showed up and said we didn't need the 200 AMP panel and the inspector said that too.

Second crew said they ran some of the panels on the same circuit and we'll be getting less power but that it will eventually "figure itself out."
We're thinking that's also nonsense and it's what generating the trouble texts.

Right now we're dead in the water with no recourse, half our life savings gone.

Exposed wiring, missing roof tiles, panel trim not installed and we were told they'd return for that,, never did.

Also we're receiving twice daily texts saying our system isn't working properly, that it has faults and to schedule a "Service Appointment" thru the app.

No 'service appointment' feature is available on the app as directed.
I think I mentioned that in my first post.
9.6 system on a clear sunny day struggling to produce 3.4 and generating trouble texts.

How it all began:
First Tesla crew showed up and told us we needed a 200 AMP panel before they could start work. They packed up and left.

We paid $7.000 for that 200 AMP panel and notified Tesla.

Second crew showed up and said we didn't need the 200 AMP panel and the inspector said that too.

Second crew said they ran some of the panels on the same circuit and we'll be getting less power but that it will eventually "figure itself out."
We're thinking that's also nonsense and it's what generating the trouble texts.

Right now we're dead in the water with no recourse, half our life savings gone.

None of that is "schedule service in the app" stuff. EVERYTHING that is "schedule service in the app" is system issues after PTO. Nothing related to exposed wiring, missing roof tiles, etc etc (install issues) is applicable to that.

You would not want to "schedule service in the app" for any of that anyway, for the reason I already gave in this thread, but none of that stuff is related to "regular service" so its not appropriate for that.

I also changed the font on your post because its not necessary to have the entire post be large bold type for us to read it. It makes it look like its yelling.

None of that is "schedule service in the app" stuff. EVERYTHING that is "schedule service in the app" is system issues after PTO. Nothing related to exposed wiring, missing roof tiles, etc etc (install issues) is applicable to that.

You would not want to "schedule service in the app" for any of that anyway, for the reason I already gave in this thread, but none of that stuff is related to "regular service" so its not appropriate for that.

I also changed the font on your post because its not necessary to have the entire post be large bold type for us to read it. It makes it look like its yelling.
I didn't post in caps so it isn't yelling and it's hard to read on my cell phone so I bold it up. Don't get sore.

Bottom line is their is no 'Schedule Service' selection in the app. Others are experiencing it too. We learned that didn't we? It's the premise of this thread. Several informative likes were given so I must have posted something helpful. They sure as heck helped me.

I'm receiving twice daily texts telling me "Your energy system has an issue that requires service".
This below in addition to other issues we need solved and a hard time contacting Tesla is what this thread is about:

"
Schedule Service for Your Energy System
Your energy system has an issue that requires service. To schedule service, update your Tesla app to the latest version, click ‘Support’ on the app homepage and select ‘Schedule Service’.
"
The Tesla call center is staffed by people that are rude and unhelpful at best. That isn't going well either but I'll digress from that issue. I'm sure you don't want that experience.

I didn't post in caps so it isn't yelling and it's hard to read on my cell phone so I bold it up. Don't get sore.

Bottom line is their is no 'Schedule Service' selection in the app. Others are experiencing it too. We learned that didn't we? It's the premise of this thread. Several informative likes were given so I must have posted something helpful. They sure as heck helped me.

I'm receiving twice daily texts telling me "Your energy system has an issue that requires service".
This below in addition to other issues we need solved and a hard time contacting Tesla is what this thread is about:

Schedule Service for Your Energy System​
Your energy system has an issue that requires service. To schedule service, update your Tesla app to the latest version, click ‘Support’ on the app homepage and select ‘Schedule Service’.​
The Tesla call center is staffed by incarcerated people that are rude and unhelpful; at best. That isn't going well either but I'll digress from that issue. I'm sure you don't want that experience.

I didnt say that wasnt the basis of this thread. I said that what you are experiencing would not be helped in the slightest by scheduling service in the app, and that in fact scheduling service in the app will almost always result in a slower support experience.

In any case, I thought you were trying to figure out how to contact tesla to get help and were not necessarily fixated on it needing to be through the app. I see that I was mistaken.

I hope you get your issues sorted out. Good luck with them.