Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled delivery for 03/03 but no reg yet. Should I be concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evening everyone. I ordered a model y back on 13/01 via a lease company and received a text on 24/01 confirming delivery date of 03/03.

I’m now only 11 days away from expected delivery date and don’t have a reg assigned. I’ve spoke to Tesla chat who’ve given me a VIN but they’ve confirmed no reg is assigned.

Am I being unduly concerned? Is this pretty standard for the reg no to be available yet?

Thanks all

Is this pretty standard for the reg no to be available yet?

yes, and I would say no need to be concerned. Although in another thread someone has raised that they have received a Reg significantly before the delivery date (which is a fortnight after yours). IME yours is the more common scenario.

Where are you collecting from - your location just says "England" which doesn't give me much clue. That might influence what is likely to happen ...

but "normal for Tesla" I'm afraid.

Is your [lease] car being delivered, or are you collecting? (from Tesla or form the Lease company?)

Reactions: waltonmark
yes, and I would say no need to be concerned. Although in another thread someone has raised that they have received a Reg significantly before the delivery date (which is a fortnight after yours). IME yours is the more common scenario.

Where are you collecting from - your location just says "England" which doesn't give me much clue. That might influence what is likely to happen ...

but "normal for Tesla" I'm afraid.

Is your [lease] car being delivered, or are you collecting? (from Tesla or form the Lease company?)
Hi, it’s being delivered to my home address (warwickshire), direct from Tesla; not the lease company.

it’s being delivered to my home address

OK, thanks ... that does seem to go as you described, but I have no personal experience of that. I wouldn't worry ... but be prepared for poor COMMs between the Lease Company and Tesla (you may know more than the lease company at various points ... and have to chivvy them) which could lead to delay / confusion / or even Delight!

Reactions: waltonmark