Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Departure Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly is not working? Are you aware that, if you set a departure time after 6am, that the car will ignore that and ensure that it is ready to go at 6am, per the release notes?

==============
“It’s now easier to have your car comfortable and ready to drive with Scheduled Departure. For any location (e.g. Home), plug in your car and select a time for when you want your car ready to drive. Once your specified time is set, the car will schedule charging to complete before peak electricity rates begin (6AM) to reduce energy costs and ensure consistent regenerative braking and performance.”

What about us solar flat rate customers? My rate is the same 24 hours a day. Be nice if there were an option to ignore peak rate times. If I plan to start my trip at 10am, I would like my car to finish charging at 10am.

Seems odd they decided 6:00 am is when peak electricity rates begin (this is akin to Apple deciding I am in the "Cupertino" time zone - there is no f%$# "Cupertino" time zone). My base period goes through 10:00 am (and "peak" doesn't start until 1:00 pm) and weekends are 24 hr base period.

I think it's a baby step issue - my feeling is that in a future iteration, we will have the ability the set the off-peak period.

Seems odd they decided 6:00 am is when peak electricity rates begin (this is akin to Apple deciding I am in the "Cupertino" time zone - there is no f%$# "Cupertino" time zone). My base period goes through 10:00 am (and "peak" doesn't start until 1:00 pm) and weekends are 24 hr base period.

I think it's a baby step issue - my feeling is that in a future iteration, we will have the ability the set the off-peak period.
I’m on the east coast and my peak rate it 6am to 9am during the winter months.