Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scott Burgess on Autoline After Hours: What an idiot!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
I was sitting at my desk doing busy work listening to Autoline After Hours AAH #314 Presents, Coal and Chorus podcast and one of the guests was Scott Burgess from YAHOO!Autos. He had made a couple of completely factually wrong statements about some things but I just wrote them off as ignorant and ill-informed. THEN at marker 27:55 after he had given a guy from Tesla a lump of coal, he said "Tesla has an exit strategy, their batteries die at 60k miles and have to be replaced" I really do wish that some of the buffoons in the automotive media would be publicly ridiculed when they make such factually incorrect / stupid / just plane wrong to get attention, facts in the public marketplace. I went back and watched the episode to see just what this guy looked like after listening to him. He is the Ron White of the automotive press industry. All he is missing is a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to them, the environment is not zero sum, you can burn 260 billion tons of coal no problem at all, but the car market is zero sum. Riiiiiight. It just gets worse from there.

What a bunch of as******.