TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Scraping - Prevention

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by DrManhattan, Jun 27, 2016.

1. DrManhattan

DrManhattan Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I have a few places in my commute where my current car can scrape if I'm going to fast, and a driveway that I sometimes scrape even when being careful. My wife also insists on driving the car on days I'm not working, and she has a very steep driveway.

Is there anything I can install under the front fascia and/or underneath the battery to soften the scraping? At least until I get comfortable enough with the car and know it's limits? My S is coming very soon, and I didn't get the air suspension.
  2. wdolson

wdolson Active Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Clark Co, WA
    I got the air suspension to deal with this. I also found the air suspension is necessary to get out of the car easily with my long legs. I have trouble getting enough leverage to get out of the car otherwise.

I don't know what to do with a non-air suspension.
    • Like x 1
  3. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Enter and exit your steep driveway at an angle to prevent scraping.
    • Like x 1