Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen allocation in the Model 3 UI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the latest SW update, Tesla has made the animation on the left side of the screen bigger, while making the map, speed, and energy flow smaller. The animation looks cool, but it's not actually useful. Meanwhile, useful things like the map have gotten smaller.

Is there a setting somewhere that can make the map bigger and the animated cars smaller?

Why did Tesla SW people make this change in the first place? If it were up to me I'd have gone the opposite way, shrink the animated cars to the corner and make the map bigger.

I’ve heard from reputable folks that Tesla is going to be releasing their own HUD for the model 3/model y that will give you back your screen by moving the animation to the hud.

Pricing is going to be between 1-2k at release, However at release it will only show current speed. Im hearing there will there will be price increases as the software is written to enable more functionality built into the screen. Should be fully written within the next year.

I feel like tweeting Elon would be more useful, even in only remotely so...
That's a problem. I don't have social media accounts and many owners don't as well. An owner shouldn't have to "tweet" a CEO to get support/answers/etc.... It's been years now - they should follow the lead of Porsche, MB, Lexus. When I need Porsche service there is a team of people ready and willing to help. Granted, not all dealers are equal but my great experience is with 2 different dealers in 2 states.

Oh that's nice to read, I thought everyone was going nuts in Tesla owners forums.

The fact is they DON'T want our feedback and put walls everywhere they can not to get it. In my region I've seen country managers change emails to avoid getting user feedback, after it was published in communities.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
That's a problem. I don't have social media accounts and many owners don't as well. An owner shouldn't have to "tweet" a CEO to get support/answers/etc.... It's been years now - they should follow the lead of Porsche, MB, Lexus. When I need Porsche service there is a team of people ready and willing to help. Granted, not all dealers are equal but my great experience is with 2 different dealers in 2 states.
So, get a twitter account. They are free.

• Disagree
Reactions: XLR82XS
With the latest SW update, Tesla has made the animation on the left side of the screen bigger, while making the map, speed, and energy flow smaller. The animation looks cool, but it's not actually useful. Meanwhile, useful things like the map have gotten smaller.

Is there a setting somewhere that can make the map bigger and the animated cars smaller?

Why did Tesla SW people make this change in the first place? If it were up to me I'd have gone the opposite way, shrink the animated cars to the corner and make the map bigger.

"Soon" -Elon

"Soon" -Elon

Source please? I have spent weeks with phone calls and emails, and I am yet to converse with any Tesla minor management who has even an inkling that Tesla has the slightest concern over recent changes to the M3 UI, or that a rollback is being considered, as with the X/S. I don't want to move on to a different car, if a change or choice is actually in the works. So, after 6 weeks, all that I have garnered is that Elon loves this. Even described it as hot hot hot. I would really like to see sources posted on any information on the M3 UI direction. Otherwise I am going with it is here to stay.

upload_2021-2-5_9-2-35.png