Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen surround/bezel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Has anyone tried this? My screen surround was dented by the previous owner. I'm concerned that the hazard switch will feel too recessed with this stick on trim.

Personally I think that whole surround is ugly. Can you find something to hide just the dent? Maybe a phone holder, pen holder or something.

Also might check a car upholstery shop might be able to fix the dent.

I considered replacing mine because of the denting in the aluminum, but never did. I agree the posted surround looks terrible. Maybe it wouldn’t look so bad in a car without carbon fiber interior. It’s far too much in those pictures.

You can get the OEM piece for under $100. I don’t remember the exact price, but it wasn’t expensive.

As someone who is similarly looking at updating some of the trim pieces including the bezel you are looking at, I wanted to chime in on carbon fiber real vs fake stuff. I too find that Pimp my Ev carbon fiber trim overkill ( not to mention the price!!) imo..
74E1E4BA-C961-4434-8019-C47AAF2DF7BC.jpeg
59A5BF3D-8A0E-43DD-B996-10DDEFB9ABB4.jpeg
6D41E49A-E25F-4251-B740-E336BFCF146F.jpeg
..thing about carbon is it looks good where tesla has it and used sparingly where they elected to use it....on the 3 trim pieces on dash, cupholder, and slider. I had piano black trim on those same pieces and after a few years of scuffs and scratches, they now look like hell. I wanted the OEM stuff but the trim pieces in matte i just found kinda found "flat" looking and the price was sort of ridiculous even used if you can find one.....I found a perfect solution sold by a company called Tinybots, its a 6D carbon fiber multilayered vinyl. Its very deep and extremely realistic looking. Ive been searching for a long time, been through several different kinds of vinyl.....vivid, 3m, etc, and they all generally look very 2d flat and boring. Recently however, I finally found what I believe has the most realistic looking carbon fiber vinyl i have ever seen. I bought a 3' by 5' piece so i could get the grain flowing in same direction on all 3 pieces across the dash, and im just about done......it looks so awesome. After that, Im going to install some PPF to prevent scratches ( self healing ). I figured if I am going to put in the work pulling out all the trims and wrapping them, might as well protect them while Im at it. That aluminum bezel that run along the top and around screen would be challenging to wrap, but that is my next project! I am finding something more akin to what Tesla uses now in their more recent Model S line, that graphite color. I found a few that are close, but I wanna make it closer to actual color. I dont know how "crafty" you are, or what you comfort level with vinyl is, but is not too hard if you take ur time and practice a little. I included a few pics of the Tinybots vinyl. I tried to capture the way the vinyl seems but its hard to capture on camera, its incredibly deep and complex pattern looking in person. The last picture is of the best i could find up until finding the Tinybot stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: philip295