Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screens go black when supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you be more specific about “when you supercharge?”

Like right when you plug in?

Or while sitting in the car for sn extended period?
Yes, today I plugged in at a supercharger and the screen said it would be 45 minutes. I sat in the car the whole time and when it got down to saying 10 minutes left shortly after that both screens went black. I think like Tam said it just timed out.

Upvote 0
Yes, today I plugged in at a supercharger and the screen said it would be 45 minutes. I sat in the car the whole time and when it got down to saying 10 minutes left shortly after that both screens went black. I think like Tam said it just timed out.
Yes, it’s just timing out. My screens do that when I’m waiting for the kids at school events.

You cable touch the screen, open the door, or put your foot on the brake. I’m not 100% sure in the brake.

I was just asking for clarification to be sure.

Upvote 0
My 2016 X with MCU 2 spontaneously *rebooted* (after going dark the tesla logo appeared, HVAC freaked out, and systems came back on gradually) while supercharging on two separate occasions a couple weeks ago. Not the same thing as just going dark I realize, but I wonder if something about supercharging is making the system less stable with recent firmwares..

Upvote 0