Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Search function on car screen, Tesla App revisions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 2018, AWD, FSD, 28.6

Is anyone having issues using the search function of the owners manual on the car screen. It only seems to work under the index tab, but not the other tabs?

Tesla phone app. Is there any plans to provide more feature to it, like voice commands, statistical data on the car etc. Third party apps offer many more features. Tesla indicated you shouldn't use 3rd party, so will they start providing more capability of the app?

FSD/Summon feature I assume will be addressed in the software release with the 3D/4D capability.

Better routing selections, multiple stops, scenic routes, avoid highways, etc As others have indicated, would be nice to plan a road trip with multiple destinations along the way to see how long it will take.

Anyone have any insight they can share on these?

I do recall Elon making a tweet that indicated he wanted to update the phone app to include all options for the car, but there was no date associated for when that might happen. Also, I have heard around this forum, that the AutoPilot rewrite is supposed to vastly improve FSD features including Summon. Elon has promised full FSD by the end of the year and many don't think it will even be close, even after the AP rewrite. So by the end of the year is about all you'll get on timing for that one.

As far as the owner's manual searching, I have always pulled up the pdf on my computer vs looking at it on the car screen. Searching pdf works perfectly on PC. Improved navigation function like you mention would also be widely welcomed by all Tesla owners, but I haven't heard any plan for improvement on this. Maybe some improvements might be made as part of the AP rewrite?