Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seasucker Monkey Bars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I thought I would share a few photos, video, and first impressions of using this setup with our unusual cargo box. Tesla's roof rack crossbars are great, but they won't fit the box we have and a big perk with the monkey bars is that you can carry them around with you inside the car until you need to use them. I bought the bars second-hand, so after cleaning the suction cups and re-lubing the plungers, pressure seemed to hold just fine. Tested for a week with the box on top (empty). Wind noise is definitely there, but the two kids in the back seat will be even louder on our upcoming road trip.

P.S. I have no idea if this will damage the glass, but it's probably unlikely.

RjMpy6Y.jpg

NHvew1U.jpg

UVbfv1A.jpg

Last edited:
How have they been holding up? Did you get the 48in or 60in version?
Hi, did you ever get an answer on 48 vs 60 inch? I can't find out any info. 48 just covers the width of the roof but 60 in would still be within the width of the car and seems doable? Does anyone out there know if the 60 inch Seasucker would work on a Model 3?

Hi, did you ever get an answer on 48 vs 60 inch? I can't find out any info. 48 just covers the width of the roof but 60 in would still be within the width of the car and seems doable? Does anyone out there know if the 60 inch Seasucker would work on a Model 3?
I bought the 48in versions and the way I have it setup, the suction mounts are right at the edge of the bar in the front and a couple inches of space in the rear. Gives me enough room to fit 3 kayaks comfortably on the roof.

When I dug into it a bit more, I realized the 60 inch version is just an extender piece for in the middle for $50 more. It arrived today so I just started playing with it. The 48 inch version just reaches the sides of my 2021 M3. BTW, did I read the instructions wrong? You are using the double suction rack on the front. Also, you seem to be using the oval suction cups - do you think they give more grip on the curved glass?