Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SEAT COLORS.... White issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I've said elsewhere, I've had my Ultra White ventilated seats for 4+ months now and no issues. I've had it on display at several events with well over a hundred people sitting in it and no stains or tears. I don't allow anyone with food or drink in it. What rare dirt on them wipes right off. I don't have little kids any more so I can't speak to that, but the perforations would be a magnet for spills, but that would be the same in tan. A couple months ago Elon tweeted that the Ultra White would be updated with better material backing, but if that changes the feel of the material I'm not sure I would want that. People love these seats. Everyone wants to feel them and sit in them.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
As I've said elsewhere, I've had my Ultra White ventilated seats for 4+ months now and no issues. I've had it on display at several events with well over a hundred people sitting in it and no stains or tears. I don't allow anyone with food or drink in it. What rare dirt on them wipes right off. I don't have little kids any more so I can't speak to that, but the perforations would be a magnet for spills, but that would be the same in tan. A couple months ago Elon tweeted that the Ultra White would be updated with better material backing, but if that changes the feel of the material I'm not sure I would want that. People love these seats. Everyone wants to feel them and sit in them.

Thanks! Can anyone post a photo of their white seats? Thanks

To know how durable the finish on the white leather seats are, it would be helpful to know if the leather is drum dyed or not. The Drum dyed process provides the most durable finish for the dye. Seeing the white seats reminded me of some of the Cadillacs from the 70s. GM didn't use the drum dye process, and the finish didn't hold up very well. However, there are much better products today for cleaning and protecting leather. I prefer Lexol, but there are other products probably just as good to use. I clean and protect my leather seats twice a year. How often you clean those white seats would depend on the type of usage they get. For me, cleaning and protecting them twice a year would be fine, but for a family with three kids and a dog, you may want to do this once a month, to keep them looking new.

To know how durable the finish on the white leather seats are, it would be helpful to know if the leather is drum dyed or not. The Drum dyed process provides the most durable finish for the dye. Seeing the white seats reminded me of some of the Cadillacs from the 70s. GM didn't use the drum dye process, and the finish didn't hold up very well. However, there are much better products today for cleaning and protecting leather. I prefer Lexol, but there are other products probably just as good to use. I clean and protect my leather seats twice a year. How often you clean those white seats would depend on the type of usage they get. For me, cleaning and protecting them twice a year would be fine, but for a family with three kids and a dog, you may want to do this once a month, to keep them looking new.

you know the white isn't leather right?

Reactions: NathanWolf
No, I didn't know that. Well that definitely simplifies it then. Guessing they are some type of synthetic leather made with PVC, you can use just mix a little dish soap with water and clean them.
Dirt comes up with just a damp cloth. I bought a "Magic Eraser" but only used it once to get off a tiny scuff on the glove box.

• Informative
Reactions: Saxena
Im thinking to change my order from White to Tan, any suggestions?

I am worried the white will rip and get blue from people sitting with their jeans in my car. Any experience?

also could someone post their white and tan seats here? Thanks!

No issues with our Tan, but also no kids or spilling happened yet.
IMG_9011.JPG

I also ordered the Tan Leather seats, just because I like the smell of leather. But being that the white is synthetic, even though it is white, I would have to say that it is still going to be easier to care for than leather.