Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat extender for camping in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I‘m looking for a solution to bridge this gap that is mattress independent. I know for example Taptes‘ mattress extends across the gap, but what I‘m looking for is really just a custom cut piece of plastic that rests on the back portion of the center console and has two posts to stabilize it on either side. Is there a company making something like this? Any other suggestions?

B5DD8A59-63BF-499E-A5D5-64F05AAB11AF.jpeg

I've seen some people take out the bottom rear bench so that the seat backs lay flat and then put the rear bench in the gap. It serves as a headrest almost for pillows and it's a lot nicer laying flat.
Good idea, but remember to put a towel or something under the seat area to keep the metal braces from scuffing the seat backs. Also, for people like me with Model 3s older than 2 years we have the 1st generation rear seats that don't have as much padding and and lie flatter.

Good idea, but remember to put a towel or something under the seat area to keep the metal braces from scuffing the seat backs. Also, for people like me with Model 3s older than 2 years we have the 1st generation rear seats that don't have as much padding and and lie flatter.
Yea i just use one of those moving blankets folded up under the seat backs to prevent damage. I have a 6/18 which is right after the v2 rear seats came out which is good for passengers except I rarely have any in the back and would prefer the layflat of v1

Reactions: android04