Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Fabric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,
I will try and give a reasonable description of my question. I have looked at interiors of both MY and MX. I have a question on pictures of seats in the MX that shows a fabric other than leather or vegan leather. The seats in question have leather trim and the part you sit on and your back rest against is some type of fabric. I have seen this on several Xs. It is very obvious the difference between the trim the fabric on the seat cushion. What is the fabric? Durability? Used as a cost savings versus leather?
Thanks in advance.

I am going to guess that you are describing the textile seats. It was an option on the model S and X until Fall 2018, I believe. It was the base version. Leather and vegan options were an additional cost. I am only aware of the textile seats in black. I do not know anything about how well they have worn.

I am going to guess that you are describing the textile seats. It was an option on the model S and X until Fall 2018, I believe. It was the base version. Leather and vegan options were an additional cost. I am only aware of the textile seats in black. I do not know anything about how well they have worn.
Bigriver,
Everyone that I have seen is black. Big contrast between the leather trim and the textile seat and back cushion. Seems to distract from the overall appearance of the X. Disappointing with the looks.
Thank you for you reply.

All,
I will try and give a reasonable description of my question. I have looked at interiors of both MY and MX. I have a question on pictures of seats in the MX that shows a fabric other than leather or vegan leather. The seats in question have leather trim and the part you sit on and your back rest against is some type of fabric. I have seen this on several Xs. It is very obvious the difference between the trim the fabric on the seat cushion. What is the fabric? Durability? Used as a cost savings versus leather?
Thanks in advance.
I just picked up a 2017 with the textile and leather inserts. I like them, they are pretty comfy compared to all leather seats I had in the M3.

They feel pretty durable and still look brand new, less leather wrinkles/fatigue to deal with.

We have a 2017 X with 52k miles. It has the black textile seats. We've had 5 other Teslas with leather or pleather, but these seats have been our favorite. Very comfy, especially in temperature extremes.

I just went out to look at them. They haven't been cleaned for two years, but they still look pretty much new despite my wife beating the heck out of them (she does a lot of biking, hiking and camping - and then driving for long periods while sweaty in the car. And it's our road trip car). The only issue is a few white spots that I assume are from sunscreen; but those spots are on the leather parts as well as the textile parts.

Appearance is obviously subjective, but I think the textile looks great inside the car.