Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat heater turns off after 20-30 seconds?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a curious problem: Seat heater on front passenger seat will turn itself off about 20 - 30 seconds after putting car into gear from park and driving off. Every time. Passenger side only - not the driver's side. This irritates my wife (the world's chilliest human) to no end. You can turn the seat back on and it stays on for the remainder of the trip just fine.

Problem doesn't seem to be caused by or consistently contemporaneous with any other function - such as Homelink, turning radio on or off, turn signals, or anything else I can detect. This happened both before and after a recent update to 8.5.

I don't see this mentioned in other threads (or at least ones I can find). Ideas?

Here's a curious problem: Seat heater on front passenger seat will turn itself off about 20 - 30 seconds after putting car into gear from park and driving off. Every time. Passenger side only - not the driver's side. This irritates my wife (the world's chilliest human) to no end. You can turn the seat back on and it stays on for the remainder of the trip just fine.

Problem doesn't seem to be caused by or consistently contemporaneous with any other function - such as Homelink, turning radio on or off, turn signals, or anything else I can detect. This happened both before and after a recent update to 8.5.

I don't see this mentioned in other threads (or at least ones I can find). Ideas?
Reboot?

Same here. Reboot didn't help. Curiously, in my case, it stays on after it turns itself off twice, so I cycle it three times on our way out the driveway and it almost always stays on after that. Hopefully, this problem will go away with future updates. And my wife, with her bad back, loves that heated seat--uses it all summer long.

The latest version of the manual says this on page 103:

Note: To conserve energy, a seat heater in a passenger seating position automatically turns offi ifa occupant is not detected when the Drive gear is engaged.

I guess it's a feature, not a bug. I don't love it, but at least I understand it.

The latest version of the manual says this on page 103:

Note: To conserve energy, a seat heater in a passenger seating position automatically turns offi ifa occupant is not detected when the Drive gear is engaged.

I guess it's a feature, not a bug. I don't love it, but at least I understand it.

My wife will be puzzled to know that she is undetectable.

• Funny
Reactions: Decibelle