Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat heaters reset?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 stealth Model 3. Most mornings I turn on three of the seat heaters ~10 mins before I take the kids to school. One kid usually gets in a couple mins before the other one, but just by opening the door and getting in, it turns off ALL the seat heaters. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, have you found a way to make it stop?

I have a 2020 stealth Model 3. Most mornings I turn on three of the seat heaters ~10 mins before I take the kids to school. One kid usually gets in a couple mins before the other one, but just by opening the door and getting in, it turns off ALL the seat heaters. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, have you found a way to make it stop?

It saves at least the driver's seat with the driver profile. I only think that because when I turn it on/off, I can see the profile "saving...".

OP, IMO what you are seeing is the currently active driver profile being changed somehow by the kid entering the car. Do any of the kid's phones have the Tesla app installed, and if so, is there a profile assigned to them?

Do you use the car's "easy access" feature? "Easy Access" is actually a profile.

Seat heating is definitely saved on a per-profile basis. *Something* is causing the profile to change.

What it boils down to, is that you need to make sure that the profile that is active at the time you turn on the seat heaters for pre-warming doesn't get changed when someone gets in the car. As long as you do that, you won't have any problems keeping your seat heaters synched.

I wish the seat heaters would turn off when putting the vehicle in Park! I find it annoying they stay at the last setting, wasting energy.

They run off the 12Volt battery so I wouldn’t be super concerned about wasting energy.

The car will turn them off via voice command or if you use one of your meat sticks to touch the screen until they turn off.