Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Plaid and its less than a year old. The seats are getting all these permanent crease. It's looking way more worn than it should at not even 1 year. What can I do about this? Does tesla replace the whole seat if it keeps getting worse?
IMG_3989.JPG
IMG_3988.JPG
IMG_3987.jpg

I've taken many Tesla seats apart and rebuilt them.

From the pictures,
The seat looks quite good at this point but you might want to take some preventative actions.

In the first picture, it appears the wavy wrinkles going into the curved seam in the first picture is from the pull down pressure against a soft foam.
The only thing I could do is release some of the pressure by unhooking the attachments between the faux leather and the foam center and either leaving them unhooked or designing some kind of relief. It could be the way you sit or your weight or some other factor exacerbates....

I'm not sure what is wrong and I can't see anything wrong with the second picture.

The third picture seems to show very tight narrow lines. Not really waves.
I agree with others, leather does this.
I recommend a faux leather / vinyl treatment to soften that, such as McGuires in the US.

Many have reported getting seats replaced by Tesla under warranty.
It's only my opinion, but it's not bad enough yet.
You can also purchase that seat bottom, new from Tesla, or used on Ebay.
The very few on Ebay look a hell of a lot worse than yours is right now.

If Tesla won't replace them for you and it really bothers you enough and using softener treatment isn't doing it and my release suggestion doesn't work, it is possible (I've read) to remove waves. Remember it is plastic. So you'd have to be incredibly careful or see an expert.

Taking those seats apart is a process that I learned the hard way.