Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seatbelt Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone else has had issues with the rear seatbelts on their MY? I had to have mobile service come out and replace one when the receiving latch stopped working a few months back and it just happened again (to a different latch) over the weekend.

Not a big deal because I've been able to get a mobile appointment quickly each time, but in 30 years of driving I've never had an issue with a seatbelt before and it struck me as odd.

June 2020 AWD MY

@dcsnow that is actually the one time (so far in nearly 5 months) we needed a service appointment was for this very issue. We didn't try the seatbelts during our delivery inspection. The 3 of us drove home from there without issue, but when we went to out later that same day, the same [3rd person in the same seat] passenger-side rear seatbelt receiver had the button stuck pushed in and would not buckle. I logged a service ticket in the app that night and got an appointment at our nearby delivery & service center for about a week later if I remember correctly. Was resolved pretty quickly during the appointment and has not recurred since. It sounds like you've gotten particularly unlucky. I hope our luck holds out!