Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seatbelts flap when windows down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a month old 2023 model y. When i drive over 45 mph with the windows down and nobody in the front passenger seat, the empty seat belt flaps hard against the seat/door. Is this a common problem? Have others solved this without wrapping it around the seat?

My rear seatbelts in my Model Y do this, scared the heck out of me the first time as I didn't know what the sound was. I 3D printed some seatbelt holders (you can also just buy them online) and that solved the problem. Never understood why Tesla didn't include something to hold them down.

Upvote 0
My rear seatbelts in my Model Y do this, scared the heck out of me the first time as I didn't know what the sound was. I 3D printed some seatbelt holders (you can also just buy them online) and that solved the problem. Never understood why Tesla didn't include something to hold them down.
Do you have an example you can share? Do you need to consistently make sure the passenger puts them back into the holder? I was hoping there was a more permanent solution.

Upvote 0
Have a month old 2023 model y. When i drive over 45 mph with the windows down and nobody in the front passenger seat, the empty seat belt flaps hard against the seat/door. Is this a common problem? Have others solved this without wrapping it around the seat?
You can solve this by buckling the seatbelts or buying a 3D printed seat belt holder online. There are some on etsy.

Upvote 0
Poor wiper coverage and aggressive spray? I have seen a lot of complaints but those are not ones I have seen before.. and I have been driving my model 3 since dec of 2018 and my wife has had a model Y since march of last year.

Plenty of other feedback, especially about the wipers, but "poor coverage" isnt what I would call not wiping enough (maybe thats what you mean?) and this is the first time I ever saw "aggressive spray" mentioned other than the fact that the car is aerodynamic so wiper fluid will run around the windows. It doesnt spray there though.

Reactions: AS9.9.
Upvote 0
I've had this happen on other cars in the past. My Acura MDX to name one. Chevy Nova to name my other one. So not unique to Tesla. I kept it latched to prevent that from happening.

Reactions: FlyF4
Upvote 0