Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second owner Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone from Poland.
As at theme the car is like new but I'm a second owner. And I can not log in to Tesla app. I wanted to have a smartphone key. I signed up at Tesla site but can not do this at app. Is written I have no product connected. How to do this? Thank you.

...How to do this?...

Congratulations!

Here's the info from the web page:

I am a new owner who purchased a Tesla from a private owner or third party. What are my next steps?
Start by creating a Tesla Account. Next, contact us to request an ownership transfer and prepare:

• Color copy or photo of your driver’s license or state/province ID
  • Copy or photo of your title or registration
  • If registering under a business, include your business card with your name and company name
  • Email address used to create your Tesla Account, which will link to your car
  • Mailing address
  • Phone number
  • Type of purchase (from a private owner or third-party)

Once Tesla confirms the transfer, your ownership will be registered within your Tesla Account and you will have access to use the Tesla app to remotely control your car and schedule service appointments.

Is it normal they do not answer for a week? I wrote them two times by "contact us" with no answer. I can't use Tesla's app...

If the person who sold you the car still has access to the app ( which is likely if tesla has not transferred it to you), you could ask the person you bought it from to add you as an approved driver. That would give you app access. I made a post with the steps they would need to follow after getting the information from @MorrisonHiker who reminded us all that this was possible.

There is no one to ask "why" unless you want to wait 1.5 months for next answer why they not answer...
1 month took them to write me e-mail adress where to send papers. All is top secret. You can not find direct e-mail adress nowhere. You must wait to get this adress by support contact. 1,5 month I'm driving with no app and every time I open the car by card, start the car by card, close the car by card. Irritating to do this way becouse someone can't answer your mail so long.

Took 4 days for me to get app access after purchasing from a private party.

But I still have an issue (when logging into my Tesla account) where the car avatar is incorrect and it is not showing I have FSD when it was purchased by the previous owner. Have tried multiple ways to contact them to resolve these issues so I will be eligible for the HW 3 upgrade but have had no luck after 4 days.

Great cars, customer support not so much.