Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No access in the Tesla app to control the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys. I've just bought a used Tesla Model 3 2021. I created an account with Tesla and added my M3 there. After installing the Tesla app, I can't see or control anything through it. Additionally, the key is not set up for any iPhone (I've tested several iPhones), but the key easily connects to a random Android device. So, the problem is only with the iPhone. To sum up, there are two issues: first, I can't control anything through the app, and second, the key needs to be set up for an iPhone.

2024-02-15 09.59.18.jpg

What I've already done:
  • For the Tesla Account: Logged in and out through the app, changed the password. Maybe, I need to create another account and try one more time?
  • With the Tesla App (v4.29.5): Offloaded the app, reinstalled it several times, tried different iPhones 13 (iOS 17.3.1), and reset network settings.
  • With the car (v2023.44.30.8, pls don't recommend updating the Tesla, currently, I need to use this version): Connected and disconnected Bluetooth, tried to set up the key manually with the key card, performed a soft reboot, and did a hard reboot (disconnecting the clamp from the 12V battery and disconnecting the low voltage cable from the penthouse).
Definitely, I've done much more and read all the guides on 'how to fix' issues, but nothing seems to help. This is my first experience with a Tesla, so perhaps I've missed something. But what's really strange to me is why my Tesla App looks so odd? Thanks in advance 🙏

Did you try setting up the phone key manually as suggested on the screen? You’ll get access to the controls once your phone key is set up.

Go to the iOS settings for the Tesla app, and post a screenshot of that screen here. This is what mine looks like:

Attachments

• IMG_7316.png
    IMG_7316.png
    343.4 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 0
Hello guys. I've just bought a used Tesla Model 3 2021. I created an account with Tesla and added my M3 there. After installing the Tesla app, I can't see or control anything through it. Additionally, the key is not set up for any iPhone (I've tested several iPhones), but the key easily connects to a random Android device. So, the problem is only with the iPhone. To sum up, there are two issues: first, I can't control anything through the app, and second, the key needs to be set up for an iPhone.

View attachment 1018608
What I've already done:
  • For the Tesla Account: Logged in and out through the app, changed the password. Maybe, I need to create another account and try one more time?
  • With the Tesla App (v4.29.5): Offloaded the app, reinstalled it several times, tried different iPhones 13 (iOS 17.3.1), and reset network settings.
  • With the car (v2023.44.30.8, pls don't recommend updating the Tesla, currently, I need to use this version): Connected and disconnected Bluetooth, tried to set up the key manually with the key card, performed a soft reboot, and did a hard reboot (disconnecting the clamp from the 12V battery and disconnecting the low voltage cable from the penthouse).
Definitely, I've done much more and read all the guides on 'how to fix' issues, but nothing seems to help. This is my first experience with a Tesla, so perhaps I've missed something. But what's really strange to me is why my Tesla App looks so odd? Thanks in advance 🙏

View attachment 1018608
What I've already done:
Do You know something new?

Upvote 0