Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Security film to prevent window breakage = anti theft?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprised nobody's mentioned C-Bond additive (search the fora or consult the Google). Also consider C-Bond's other product for exterior windshield protection.

Had the alarm enhancement installed a few weeks ago. Want to see if it works? Take a nap in the car without remembering to toggle off the tilt/intrusion feature in the Settings and your answer will indeed be at hand with a very loud quicknezz.

Presumably, this add-on will be available for the 3 at some point - it's extra money for Tesla, anyway.

Still and all, why we can't have locking seatbacks or a more effective parcel shelf solution or both is a bit mystifying. Then again, it took almost 7 years to get what's been standard in the EU into the US cars as an option, so... yeah.

Opportunity here for Tesla to step up and sic an intern on the problem, one would think. Awareness... interest... resolution... execution.

My current Bay Area window breakin deterrent is our baby seat in the back, and some diapers and kids items in the back seat, and a pack of wet wipes in the front console. Essentially a desperate effort to masquerade as a minivan sitting lower to the ground. There's nothing inside to steal unless they want the baby seat or the wipes.

I'm sad to report that our X was broken in to and they stole only our diaper bag.

Is the jail in your metaphor the car or the area in which you live or park where your car is at high risk of smash and grabs?
Agreed, anybody with anything nice, is in themselves, in a self imposed jail. Always protecting the asset. We all do it, It never lasts and its onto the next thing.

Life is fleeting.

I suppose thats why I drive a Tesla. I want it, others want it and it won't last. Moving on to the next.

If someone wants to do harm or steal something, they are going to do that. No amount of cameras or otherwise will stop it. In fact if you get a clear image of the person, who is he/she? Camera's are also futile attempt, I see this person, now who are they? Yep he broke my window and stole some stuff, yes. Now what? Lick your wounds and move along.

My rear passenger window was smashed and they took a car cover from the trunk (probably use it as a tent-lots of homeless here in Oakland). I got her on the cam -she's wearing what looks like a baby dinosaur pajama outfit! I don't expect OPD to do anything bout it but i'll file a police report. I'm wondering what it'll cost. Tesla service is the worst. Just getting an appointment is a nightmare.

Definitely tell your back seat passengers where the emergency rear door cable pulls are in the back seat of the S. It is bad enough that the rear doors likely won't open in a severe accident, and then making the windows harder to break from the outside means the rear passengers will likely need to get out themselves, if they are conscious. Plus, on the 2021+ S the rear windows are already now laminated like the front windshield making external entry harder.