TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seeking Paint protection in NJ

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by YauKwan, Apr 29, 2018.

1. YauKwan

YauKwan Member

Can anyone recommend paint protection installer in NJ.

Thanks.

2. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

3. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

4. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Active Member

I second Greg @ Signature Detailing. He has done film and ceramic coating on my last 6 or 7 cars (including my 2 Teslas) and does a great job and stands behind his work.

5. lharris9

lharris9 Member

I found Signature Detailing based on the reviews I read on the forum and driving down and talking to him. Dropped the Model S off yesterday and got it back today. The work was awesome. The car looked infinitely better than when I got it from Tesla brand new a few months ago. I am making an appointment to take the Model X there in a few weeks. I highly recommend him.

• Helpful x 1
  6. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Active Member

Was that your red 75D? I was over at Signature getting Dashcams installed in my S and X and saw your car there I think.

As an aside if anyone wants Dashcams installed Navin does a great job and works out of Greg's shop. Installed Blackvue 900s front and rear for me on both cars .

7. C141medic

C141medic Active Member

8. vadimr

vadimr Member

Matt from - Clear Bra Installs, ppf, Auto Detailing, ceramic coatings in New Jersey did xpel on my front in my garage and I'm very satisfied. They tuck in the edges and you don't need to go anywhere. This is a second car he wrapped for me and I'm very satisfied. I'm super picky. I also know the guys at signature and they are great. Lee tinted a few cars for me and he is the best!

Attached Files:

9. Ejl80

Ejl80 Member

Unless something changed... they work together and are very good. I’ve known Lee for 15 years and Greg for about 5 or so. Both do excellent work.

10. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Active Member

Something changed.....

Working separately now. Will only say I am still going to Greg at Signature .

11. vadimr

vadimr Member

Would be interesting to know what happened. They used to be buddies forever.

12. netjack

netjack Member

Do they tint windows and also paint the brakes? I know I'm looking for a one stop shop :)

13. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Active Member

Signature does not tint windows or paint brake calipers. They do have affiliates that install dashcams and also do wheel repair while your car is there. Will check with Greg on these services to see if he has any plans. And before anyone asks, no wraps either, just paint protection film.

14. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

I'll throw in my vote for Greg @ Signature Detailing as well. He did my 3 (full PPF plus ceramic plus console PPF) and the work is excellent.

15. corpomonkey

corpomonkey Member

How much did it cost?

16. Cr2l2O

Cr2l2O Member

@netjack, First Klass Vinyls in Manalapan is a one stop shop. I didn't have any paint protection done but they've applied it on many cars (including Teslas). Check out they're website. They powder coated my rims, painted my calipers, and tinted my Model X. They will also chrome delete if you're interested.

DM me if you have any questions.

17. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

I'd reach out to Greg for a quote, as every package is different (coverage, film material, ceramic, paint correction, etc.). I will say that I thought the price for my particular options was fair, and in line with other quality options. Thankfully, while cost of living in NJ is high, we don't get charged for PPF what they seem to in California.

18. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Active Member

Can you post some pics of your X?

19. Cr2l2O

Cr2l2O Member

Calipers, powder coated wheels, and wrapped T Caliper1.jpg Wheel & caliper.jpg T front emblem.jpg car.jpg

• Like x 1
  20. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Active Member

Looks great. Now I want my calipers powder coated on my X.