Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking to partner with Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if there is any way that a business owner can approach Tesla about partnering and getting a Supercharger station at their location? Or is this strictly a case of “Don’t call us, we’ll call you."?

Reason for wondering. . . I have an old friend from school who runs a "country store" alongside US 281. It's a family business, been there for decades, and a very popular travel stop—doing better than ever, since highway traffic has increased over the years. To me this would be an ideal location for fast charging. Spending 20 or 30 minutes in that place is no challenge. (Level 2 charging, though, would really be inadequate for the task here.)

So, when I was talking with Kara about this, she mentioned that they did actually sell gasoline at the store many years ago. She said they discontinued that because of the environmental and regulatory hassles, such as having to monitor the tanks for leakage. She was very open to the idea of charging stations.

Also. . . In our brief discussion the name "Tesla" didn't really come up. Obviously partnering with Tesla is what I'd suggest to her, if possible. But we also know that CCS Type 1 adapters are coming, and how to approach companies like ChargePoint or EVgo would also be useful info. Anybody have a suggestion?

Also. . . In our brief discussion the name "Tesla" didn't really come up. Obviously partnering with Tesla is what I'd suggest to her, if possible. But we also know that CCS Type 1 adapters are coming, and how to approach companies like ChargePoint or EVgo would also be useful info. Anybody have a suggestion?
To this end, and I realize this is not a hugely popular opinion here, but I think it's worthwhile to consider the fact that long term, the majority of EVs on the road will be CCS or CCS-compatible, not Tesla. Granted, Superchargers may eventually be open to CCS vehicles as well, so if you assume that will happen down the road, Tesla will get you the biggest bang for the buck now plus good long term traffic. Going with a CCS/CHAdeMO combo today, plus buying a CHAdeMO (and eventually CCS) adapter to have on hand for Teslas could reach the widest possible audience today and tomorrow.