Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seems like I will be getting my Model 3 soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Further supports the stockpiling idea. They maybe have 10k-15k cars that are RWD ready to go ASAP.
11k in transit. Probably half assigned to 4/18 orders. I'm surprised they are offering these to August 2016 reservations, I'd think 4/1s would easily absorb them.

Maybe it's b/c they filled all SC lots and it just happens there weren't many 4/1s in Ohio, so they are matching to whatever earliest reservation dates they find for the config.

11k in transit. Probably half assigned to 4/18 orders. I'm surprised they are offering these to August 2016 reservations, I'd think 4/1s would easily absorb them.

Maybe it's b/c they filled all SC lots and it just happens there weren't many 4/1s in Ohio, so they are matching to whatever earliest reservation dates they find for the config.
That's what happened with San Diego, online RSVP in San Diego was able to order way before everywhere else.

I hypothesized that in my opening.