Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seems like the 98's aren't getting ever 10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... 2021.36.8.5 started pushing to existing FSD beta testers early Saturday morning, more or less on schedule. Roll out was slow, but by Monday morning they had more or less filled the pipe and the install rate of the remaining stragglers dropped to a trickle. Since then, nothing.

It's now Wednesday. I think we need to start assuming that a decision has been made internally to halt the addition of new testers. Note that new 100's and 99's aren't getting added either. It's just being held to the population that already had it.

I doubt that's likely to change. They have all the info they're going to get. If there was an actual safety issue, of course, we'd see a rollback. But... silence seems like bad news for 98's.

My guess is that we won't see new testers added until the next version is available, hopefully on the 19th.

Just when I was losing hope of getting it anytime soon, I got the upgrade last night. I've been a 98 for a few weeks. and was hopeful but then resigned to not getting it for a while, and last night (11/10) it just popped on. As soon as the software upgrade finished, my wife and I took it for a spin, or rather the car took us for a spin. Still very rough, but oh so cool!!!!! One problem spot when it tried to make a left turn in front of some cars. It could have made it, but was too tentative and I had to jam on the brakes or bad things might have happened. Overall, just about the coolest thing I've ever been a part of.

Did you happen to check if your score went up to 99 just before getting the beta update? Were there days from a month back with low scores being dropped, so your overall score increased?
Agreed. Mardak seems like the only reported winner with a 98 anywhere. It's much more likely that the score was right on the edge and disappeared (with the update) before it could be observed.

So, so frustrating...