Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selecting youTube while parked, activates Easy Entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all. I have Easy Entry set to move my seat forward and the back up, so it get painful real fast if I still have my seat belt on and I start youTube. I have to unclip my seatbelt real fast and then reset to my profile.

I can't figure out why this would activate Easy Entry. Does anyone know? Happens every time.

Title says it all. I have Easy Entry set to move my seat forward and the back up, so it get painful real fast if I still have my seat belt on and I start youTube. I have to unclip my seatbelt real fast and then reset to my profile.

I can't figure out why this would activate Easy Entry. Does anyone know? Happens every time.

My guess is, its because youtube is only supposed to be accessible in park, and when you put the car in park, if you have easy access set it activates. Its just a guess but it seems like a reasonable one.

Perhaps consider a work around by creating another profile for watching youtube, and not having easy access associated with that one, and selecting it before you start watching.

Isn't that the opposite of what easy entry is supposed to do?

You need to set the profile for Easy Entry to the position you want.
It is a totally separate profile. You can drive in the easy entry profile.

So go into the Easy entry profile and move the seat, mirrors, steering wheel etc to the position you want.
Not this is the position the car will go to if someone else also uses easy entry.

Isn't that the opposite of what easy entry is supposed to do?
I originally had easy entry set to give me the most room for getting in and out of car but ultimately I found that wasn't the "easiest entry". I had to climb in and out. I now have it set to be high with the seat somewhat forward this way I can just sit down and let the seat lower me into driving position. I'm not tall so I don't need the room getting in and out and this is way more comfortable. Also, when I had the seat set low and back I kept rubbing against the pillar trim and pulling it off the clips.