Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two MY Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, perhaps I'm asking too much of the software but what does the 'Easy Entry' do? I have it turned on for my profile with the seat rolled back and lower for easy entry. But, when I stop and open the door nothing happens unless I touch the Easy Entry tab.

Also, I have a blue dot under the setting button (bottom right) and have no idea what it's for. Help anyone?

Hi, perhaps I'm asking too much of the software but what does the 'Easy Entry' do? I have it turned on for my profile with the seat rolled back and lower for easy entry. But, when I stop and open the door nothing happens unless I touch the Easy Entry tab.

Also, I have a blue dot under the setting button (bottom right) and have no idea what it's for. Help anyone?
Have you saved the preferred easy entry position?

Reactions: Power Hungry
With my 3LR it just works. When I stop the car, the seat rolls back, lowers et al as programmed and it is like that again when I enter. When I go into reverse/forward, it assumes the pre-programmed position. No need to touch anything.

So as paulp says, perhaps you did not save the EE positons?

IIRC on your normal profile is a check box saying something like "Use Easy Entry". Tick the box to activate Easy Entry on your profile. I often turn it off when I have passengers or luggage in the back seat.
At least that's how it works on Model S.

• Helpful
Reactions: RichardV
Blue dot is an invite to click the section of the menu with the blue dot and explore the new changes as a result of an update
Easy entry is problematic if there are rear passengers. Easily forget to turn off. Maybe Elon can do an update where the Easy entry is temporarily disabled when a rear passenger is detected - say if a seat belt is applied

Have you saved the preferred easy entry position?
Yes and it I bring the menu down and hit Easy Entry the seats and steering wheel move to an 'easy entry' preset position. But it seems counterproductive that you have to do it manually. Maybe I'm asking too much.
With my 3LR it just works. When I stop the car, the seat rolls back, lowers et al as programmed and it is like that again when I enter. When I go into reverse/forward, it assumes the pre-programmed position. No need to touch anything.

So as paulp says, perhaps you did not save the EE positons?
Ahhh! That might be the issue, I'll try that.

Blue dot is an invite to click the section of the menu with the blue dot and explore the new changes as a result of an update
Easy entry is problematic if there are rear passengers. Easily forget to turn off. Maybe Elon can do an update where the Easy entry is temporarily disabled when a rear passenger is detected - say if a seat belt is applied
Ahhh again. We have the dog hammock in the back sets and to stop the 'stupid' seat belt warning going off we have the seat belts plugged in permanently. I'll ask Elon to try and differentiate between a dog and a person on the back seat LOL.

I have that ticked but nothing happens, I have to do it manually.
If you move to a different setup for easy entry and save it, that will tell you if the saving side of things is working correctly as it would go to the new setting when you manually press. After that it sounds like a service call is warranted. They will initially try remotely.
Presume you have tried a reset as well?

If you move to a different setup for easy entry and save it, that will tell you if the saving side of things is working correctly as it would go to the new setting when you manually press. After that it sounds like a service call is warranted. They will initially try remotely.
Presume you have tried a reset as well?
Thanks Paulp. The most logical reason is that we've got all the seatbelts plugged in on the rear seats. If we don't our dog, and it's only small, keeps setting the seatbelt warning off. They are so more sensitive than our Benz.