Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self inflicted damage [what is this going to cost to fix?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh? Source for those claims?
I haven't heard anything about not using an authorized repair shop will lose supercharging capability. The manual did say using non-Tesla parts or salvaged parts is not covered by warranty. We have heard that the salvaged Tesla lost its supercharging capability, but even that is not definitive, as they have a re-inspection mechanism. I know some parts can be ordered from Tesla without restrictions, but some aren't - they are likely only available to certified repair shops.

I haven't heard anything about not using an authorized repair shop will lose supercharging capability. The manual did say using non-Tesla parts or salvaged parts is not covered by warranty. We have heard that the salvaged Tesla lost its supercharging capability, but even that is not definitive, as they have a re-inspection mechanism. I know some parts can be ordered from Tesla without restrictions, but some aren't - they are likely only available to certified repair shops.
I notice the person that posted that nonsense hasn't come back to back up his claim so.....