Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling 2016 Model S 90D 9000 miles White White - Unique CA Plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a trustee and executor of an estate with a Tesla 90D in Orange County. Pearl White, Glass Roof, Premium Seats, Ash Décor, Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self Driving Capability, Premium Upgrades Package, ultra high fidelity sound. MSRP $109, 950. I have been reading this forum and some suggest this forum and others suggest Ebay for selling. A range on fair price would be welcome or how I would arrive at that value. Thanks in advance. My second estate this year and the first one had 9 1980s-2000s Ferraris and those are easier to sell and value.

NOTE: The car has a unique license plate with the Tesla founder's name. Are California plates transferrable? With the car or separately?

Check out prices on Tesla's web site for CPO cars. Keep in mind that you won't be giving out a CPO warranty but that car likely has warranty left on it and can probably be extended by the new owner.

It's probably worth around $60K-ish

That car should have free Supercharging that transfers to the new owner so you should be sure to mention that to potential buyers.

Thank you. I will check on that. Tesla as a company is not very friendly to purchasers of their cars if you are not intending to trade the car for a new one. They do not buy back old cars without a trade. They do not have an inspection process. Many other car dealers are more friendly to purchasers wanting to sell because they want you to come back. Tesla is less accommodating in this respect.

Tesla has similar with smart air but no FSD 27K miles $62K so this might be worth a little more.
Keep in mind comparable CPO cars carry the additional 4/50 warranties with no deductible, which the Tesla extended warranty costs around $5k but has a deductible. The FSD may never have value but could be a perk. A good large set of closeup HD pictures with any damage would go a long way selling the car. It’s hard to believe that so many people post pictures from a distance realistically only showing what a Tesla car looks like but then ironically receiving compliments on how beautiful it is.

Last edited:
I am a trustee and executor of an estate with a Tesla 90D in Orange County. Pearl White, Glass Roof, Premium Seats, Ash Décor, Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self Driving Capability, Premium Upgrades Package, ultra high fidelity sound. MSRP $109, 950. I have been reading this forum and some suggest this forum and others suggest Ebay for selling. A range on fair price would be welcome or how I would arrive at that value. Thanks in advance. My second estate this year and the first one had 9 1980s-2000s Ferraris and those are easier to sell and value.

NOTE: The car has a unique license plate with the Tesla founder's name. Are California plates transferrable? With the car or separately?

How did you fit EBERHARD on a personal plate? :):D

I know who this is.. discount for knowing
Thank you. I will check on that. Tesla as a company is not very friendly to purchasers of their cars if you are not intending to trade the car for a new one. They do not buy back old cars without a trade. They do not have an inspection process. Many other car dealers are more friendly to purchasers wanting to sell because they want you to come back. Tesla is less accommodating in this respect.

They do buy back old cars without a trade, you're just going to get a lot less than you want 100% guaranteed.

Reactions: spy4007

Did you sell the Tesla?