Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone here sold their Tesla privately before?

I have an Model 3 SR+ Black/Black (No FSD) (delivered late June 2019) that I am thinking of selling. Vancouver area. It's at 4,500kms right now, no issues, stock.

What would be the going rate/price and anyone here interested?

I don’t think it’s a wise decision to sell it so soon.
You will be obligated to payback the incentives you got from both BC and fed. This, the cost is extremely high. And for any interested buyers, they’d actually be better off by ordering directly from Tesla when factoring the incentive.

Except you are willing to lose big on the transaction, I don’t see it worthwhile.

I don’t think it’s a wise decision to sell it so soon.
You will be obligated to payback the incentives you got from both BC and fed. This, the cost is extremely high. And for any interested buyers, they’d actually be better off by ordering directly from Tesla when factoring the incentive.

Except you are willing to lose big on the transaction, I don’t see it worthwhile.

Re: incentives, how does that work? Even if you pass the savings on to new owner? Have any info on that? I couldn't see anything on the gov site or cev site about returning the incentives

Re: incentives, how does that work? Even if you pass the savings on to new owner? Have any info on that? I couldn't see anything on the gov site or cev site about returning the incentives

You just have to dig a bit - right there on Vehicle Eligibility Criteria | Clean Energy Vehicles for British Columbia | New Car Dealers of BC is:

upload_2019-11-21_15-59-6.png

I sold my June 2018 LR RWD in Blue w/19" in June 2019 after the year passed. I had under 10k kms on it. I sold it for $60k on Auto Trader; paid $73k before tax. Even after the generous ON incentives, I lost about $9k. I could have held out for $62K, but got tired of tire kickers and it went to a good home.

Only sold as I just decided to keep my S.