Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Model X 2018 100D.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are dozens of inventory Model X right now, so the question is does someone order thru tesla and get a car with 8 miles, or order thru this guy, pay more, and get a car with 3500 miles and no more new car smell.
Someone mentioned earlier that maybe Elon farted in the car. Though no more new car smell, but now with special genius smell. That's how it's better than new, and thus the price.

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
Lowest I can sell is $115k else I'll just keep it.

LOL, this has to be a case of delayed learning ... your asking price is still $25k above market... GLWS

Let me help with the math... :cool:
  • Deduct $1,000 for Fees and Registration
  • Deduct $11,000 for California State Sales tax
  • Deduct $10,000 for State and Federal Rebates/Credits
  • Deduct $18,000 for 15% Depreciation driving it off the lot
  • Total of $40,000 Deduction
  • Current $90,000 Value of Vehicle... Priceless!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Everyone needs to stop beating the poor guy up. It's $119,500 after destination and doc fee, not $118,300. That being said, there are state level rebates that need to be taken into account. Some are rebates; others are elimination of things like sales tax. For Millbrae, which google tells me is in California; I believe there's a $2500 clean vehicle rebate.

So a brand new build would be:
$119,500 after Destination & Doc
+$11,000 State Sales Tax
+$790 Vehicle License Fees
+$282 Registration
-$7,500 Fed Rebate
-$2,500 CA State Rebate

Now I know you detractors out there will say there's mileage on this one. So we'll account for it. IRS allows for a 54.5c deduction, and new cars come with 50 miles on the odometer. So that's 3,800 miles at 54.5c = -$2071 adjustment to the price. That brings the value of a brand new one to $119,501. Estimated Delivey in November.

But we also have to take into account an additional $1,073 in accessories (at new retail price) on this vehicle which puts a value of $120,574 on this vehicle. Ok, I also admit that we have to considered the buyer of this vehicle would have to also pay sales tax, license fees, and registration (11,000+790+282) which brings it to $132,072 for this car compared to the new value of $120,574; but this one is available now.

If you ordered a new one, you'd have to wait until November, 5 weeks to get a brand new one (using mid month) That's a premium of $2300/week. Based on a 40 hour work week; that's a $57.50/hr rate. Google also tells me the household income in Millbrae averages $113,923; which coincidentally is $2280/week (accounting for 10 paid holidays) So this is really appropriately priced; as long as you accept that time is money and you're paying the OP to "stand in line" for you.

Counterpoint: This configuration new in NJ, MO, OR, AK, Washington DC, or states w/o sales tax or sales tax on EVs would cost about $112,000.

*I spent way too much time on this. Someone owes me $57.50.
damn good info yin! wanna build a Tesla valuation tool? DM me. I can handle all software engineering part.