Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling reservation for 2022 Tesla X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling my reservation for 2022 Tesla X LR estimated delivery March 23-April 11. Black exterior, Black Interior, 5 seater with 22” wheels. Ordered back in April 2021 so purchase price is before the price increase. I’m not sure how to transfer so need help with that too. Thanks!

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Telsa will accept transfers? I am in MO state and and one of my friends ordered Model Y in Nov 2021 and he is not interested now and when I ask him, he is ready to transfer. I have ordered same configuration (luckily) 2 days back and now when I contact Tesla, they said its a violation of agreement and they can't transfer. So, I would like to know what are other options available when Tesla sales persons can't do from their end.

Tesla is actively working against selling slots-in-line, including cancelling orders that magically jump to a different person and banning further orders...

It used to be you could swap out the personal info and basically "sell" the entire Tesla account to the new owner. It doesn't look like that works any more, so be cautious.

• Love
Tesla is actively working against selling slots-in-line, including cancelling orders that magically jump to a different person and banning further orders...

It used to be you could swap out the personal info and basically "sell" the entire Tesla account to the new owner. It doesn't look like that works any more, so be cautious.
I am trying to understand on this more.

Once my friend received the car, at that time we can manage because there is nothing to do with Tesla. Only our details will be in Tesla system.
The reason why I am saying this is, I have given my details when I place order but once I receive the car, I will do the registration on my wife name.

So, it does not matter what details are in the Tesla site.

Once my friend received the car, at that time we can manage because there is nothing to do with Tesla. Only our details will be in Tesla system.
The reason why I am saying this is, I have given my details when I place order but once I receive the car, I will do the registration on my wife name.

So, it does not matter what details are in the Tesla site.

There are many examples of Tesla noticing that the personal info on the order does not match the new registered owner - they have refused delivery and even blacklisted individuals they see as "selling spots in line" as a violation of their terms of service... which they can do.

If you take delivery and then resell the car... Tesla can't do squat about it.

If you try to switch a reservation to a new owner who is not yourself... Tesla owns their waiting list and how they operate it.

If you search for "selling reservation" on this board, you can probably pull up many recent examples with both success and failures.