Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those long call holder there’s still hope.

Per wicked stock if we open at 237.97 there still chance to ride back up to 256 level in 1-2 weeks.
If we dump another day then go short as bullish bias no longer hold.

Not looking good 😅

And wow this is not good IMO for next year but at least we should be able to achieve the 1.8M guidance because of the FOMO on the credit.

Last edited:
The beauty of setting orders well outside ask is that there's no risk of FOMO by have the urge to trade at what might appear to be a local dip. I set one yesterday for $1 on 12/15 -p222.5/+p192.5 ... didn't fill. Glad it didn't, now I can lower that today to 12/15 -p215/+p185 and couple with -c250 based IC and/or buy puts for next week. Hmmm.

From an OI perspective, the bar is lowered some, -c250 lost 7k, -c240 added 6k, should we expect a 4-5% drop?

Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 8.47.18 AM.png

Positive gamma is sitting at 250, 240 has a bit of both.

TSLA-TotalGamma-13Dec2023-a.png

For the life of me I don't understand why Tesla haven't sourced US batteries for US cars, were they thinking 4680 would ramp quicker, or something?

I think they focuses on Y which is their best seller. I guess they are only so many cells that they can get that are compliant. But who knows about the Model 3 Highland maybe they did something for that one 🤷‍♂️ ?

For the life of me I don't understand why Tesla haven't sourced US batteries for US cars, were they thinking 4680 would ramp quicker, or something?
changing batteries is a lot harder than changing from the 5 color paint set ... when you are thinking in mass production terms.
I think Tesla is stating the truth and lying at the same time ... current version will not qualify, but future version with changes from Highland/Juniper? will in some form ..
cheers!!

TSLA holding the 50-day and held yesterday's lows for now.

BTO 10x +C250 12/29/23 @$3.00 (same one I sold yesterday at close for $3.55) - Lotto
If it loses $233 I'll cut and reposition.

[Edit 10:15am] Well it didn't hold yesterday's lows but is still sitting on 50-day area. Holding for now.

Last edited:
You think Panasonic is just stuffing cells in the corner rather than sell them to Tesla? What manufacturer, in the US, has a surplus of compatible, qualified, cells? (Or has surplus manufacturing capabilities in the US.)

Lots of new battery plants are under construction, but most of them are for pouch cells, which Tesla will not use for safety reasons.

Interest decision: last chance to hike for obvious reasons (elections) I guess they won't. Stocks up a bit
Powell will again likely ruin the party by hinting for a year longer no cuts. Stocks fall. Next meeting they will cut to window dress Bidenomics.
halfway to the SP top today I sold C232.5, that now are more than 1 dollar up. Will close before 14:00 most likely.
Starting to feel more bearish than yesterday. Especially because the direction is not turning up after MA4x.
Maybe a meltdown is coming (which is good for taxes in Holland), but we will know soon enough, maybe even before today's close.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Interest decision: last chance to hike for obvious reasons (elections) I guess they won't. Stocks up a bit
Powell will again likely ruin the party by hinting for a year longer no cuts. Stocks fall. Next meeting they will cut to window dress Bidenomics.
halfway to the SP top today I sold C232.5, that now are more than 1 dollar up. Will close before 14:00 most likely.
Starting to feel more bearish than yesterday. Especially because the direction is not turning up after MA4x.
Maybe a meltdown is coming (which is good for taxes in Holland), but we will know soon enough, maybe even before today's close.
I hope he was dovish like last time and helped pump the market. Who know he may surprise us...

Reactions: Jim Holder
You think Panasonic is just stuffing cells in the corner rather than sell them to Tesla? What manufacturer, in the US, has a surplus of compatible, qualified, cells? (Or has surplus manufacturing capabilities in the US.)

Lots of new battery plants are under construction, but most of them are for pouch cells, which Tesla will not use for safety reasons.
I thought CATL was manufacturing cells in the USA, with Ford and GM almost stopping EV production you would think there'd be some surplus

Anyway, crap-arse day for TSLA, although I once again note that EV stock are down across the board, bit TSLA aided-and-abetted by the IRA and "recall"

Feeling good about rolling my 60x -c245 down to 100x -c240 yesterday, but in retrospect I should have just left the -c245's in place and pocketed the extra $9k

1702481142300.png

@tivoboy Looks like 12/15 turning out as you predicted :cool:

I'm thinking of selling some -C310 3/15/24, anticipating Jan/Feb weakness. It's offering around $4.00 today. Are you thinking we dump more from here or there's a chance we can get better prices if we wait a bit (and if that strike/DTE is a decent r:r)?

Ty