Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added -300/+330c for next week at .30.

Also purchased 240 strike puts for Jan 19 - the big expiration day in January - paying 3.40. I'm expecting to be closing these next week, early in the new year.

You can tell that my bias is far stronger down than up :). I've been looking for a good csp or put spread entry and not seeing it. I consider the current share price to be high - I see a lot more risk in spreads to the downside than upside.

Also purchased 240 strike puts for Jan 19 - the big expiration day in January - paying 3.40. I'm expecting to be closing these next week, early in the new year.

That's a good idea. Followed at my own risk.

1703708154487.png

Reactions: DaBooster
Seems crystal clear that the stock is predestined to pull back around P/D and earnings. Seems like it's all about keeping the lid on the stock to prevent breakout of the 2 year downtrend line until the macro's have their pullback/correction that everyone and their mom is waiting on in Q1, at which time push TSLA down to it's uptrend line to test that.

I'm quite tempted to sell more mid-term (6-12 month out calls) to take advantage of the share price drop that will likely go into the mid 220's before meeting the uptrend low.

What I'll likely end up doing though is using the opportunity to close out the CC's on a couple thousand shares I sold CC's on and roll the LEAPS I bought beginning of Jan this year from Dec 2025 to June 2026 on the cheap, probably also pick up a few more of the June 2026 LEAPS. While Q1 is likely to be a correction/rug pull for the macro market taking TSLA down with it, I'm very bullish on the macro's and TSLA in 2nd half 2024.

P/D numbers would need to be above 500k in a meaningful way for TSLA to break the downtrend line since it would ignite a much stronger/higher rally. I guess possible Cybertruck production numbers and commentary from TSLA on the ramp could provide the spark. But then again TSLA will probably given very cautious commentary on Cybertruck production.

The main variable to me that makes CC's tricky for pretty much all of 2024 is FSD V12/China FSD release. Either of those could trigger the Hertz style run.

Seems crystal clear that the stock is predestined to pull back around P/D and earnings. Seems like it's all about keeping the lid on the stock to prevent breakout of the 2 year downtrend line until the macro's have their pullback/correction that everyone and their mom is waiting on in Q1, at which time push TSLA down to it's uptrend line to test that.

I'm quite tempted to sell more mid-term (6-12 month out calls) to take advantage of the share price drop that will likely go into the mid 220's before meeting the uptrend low.

What I'll likely end up doing though is using the opportunity to close out the CC's on a couple thousand shares I sold CC's on and roll the LEAPS I bought beginning of Jan this year from Dec 2025 to June 2026 on the cheap, probably also pick up a few more of the June 2026 LEAPS. While Q1 is likely to be a correction/rug pull for the macro market taking TSLA down with it, I'm very bullish on the macro's and TSLA in 2nd half 2024.

P/D numbers would need to be above 500k in a meaningful way for TSLA to break the downtrend line since it would ignite a much stronger/higher rally. I guess possible Cybertruck production numbers and commentary from TSLA on the ramp could provide the spark. But then again TSLA will probably given very cautious commentary on Cybertruck production.

The main variable to me that makes CC's tricky for pretty much all of 2024 is FSD V12/China FSD release. Either of those could trigger the Hertz style run.
Is it? I am waiting for this pullback for a long time. Its evasive and its frustrating me.

Doggy sense say

A - we pump into Thursday / Friday and start dumping after PD into the 235/240 realm. Satisfied both bull then bear. Just need to plan exit so don't get caught in the middle.

Or B - Elon say something tomorrows and we start the downhill faster then anticipated :)

Or C - we beat PD and stock continue to rocket to 340

I picked A. Pick yours

Doggy sense say

A - we pump into Thursday / Friday and start dumping after PD into the 235/240 realm. Satisfied both bull then bear. Just need to plan exit so don't get caught in the middle.

Or B - Elon say something tomorrows and we start the downhill faster then anticipated :)

I picked A. Pick yours

Doggy sense say

I picked A. Pick yours
I like A. But a huge pump next two days wont' give us a big pull back.

I didn’t buy enough shares and its risky to buy up here.
I understand the feeling. I sold longs in a smaller account at $259.50 this morning (not a perfect exit) and BTC a bunch of -P for gains at $262. I will be watching for when/if to get back in for both. But I’m okay with what I have done in the meantime. Slippage is inevitable and perfection comes around only once in a while 😎

Reactions: Cherry Wine