Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am guessing over $1k for NVDA. A few down days for SMCI might make it tradeable for me.
NVDA is blocked at the Daily and Weekly upper channels

1715895170505.png

Yeah I hate the Twitter buy and his antics over the past couple of years but people had plenty of opportunity to unload their shares at above the target goal for Elon's compensation plan over the past 1-2 years. He delivered on his end and should get his pay. I find it to be in the poorest taste for any shareholder to deny Elon's his pay package after he more than 10X the company.
I have no objections at all to Elon having his payday. I just want him bound by a reasonable sales strategy. The amount isn't an issue for me even, although someone should be paying for the original fiasco other than the overall shareholder pool. The board (and Elon) did screw up which is why they lost the case.

Reactions: Tachyon
OK Guys. I just bought a boatload of Calls. Since everyone and their mom were Bearish, I went ahead and test my luck this times going the opposite way.
Got to admit should have waited for the green light from the big guy(s) but it is what it is.

Been a fun journey and made some nice friends along the ways. If the SP drop from here and you don't hear from me after 5/31 just know I'm back safe and sound working at Wendy. I'm too gassy for Taco Bell. My boatload of Calls can also rest in peace knowing it has sacrificed itself for my Call Seller Pals out there.

Adios Amigos and Yoona please call me if you are in need to adopt a cute little dog ;)

Loves,
the Dog
Friends don’t let friends buy a BOATLOAD of nearly anything..

Right now say Jan 25 270s are at ~ $6, say 6.
I could roll to Jan 260 400 for same $6 ... or say like $350 for $9. 1st choice more neutral. 2nd choice is more bearish, take money upfront. And after SP drops after vote, can move back to Jan25 250s and keep the difference in spreads ... just a thought. Also rolling before the vote means will get better price for Jan 26 (at least short term - assuming SP goes down)
Also Jan 26 not that bad, Jan 27 will be available by Sept
The current Jan 25 270s are from prior rolls down from 500, 400 and 350 ...

Main thing is you have "options with options"

+ On Solar . it's 12kW system. Costs like 22K after tax rebates. The previous house I sold, I had 8kW and my summer needs were not met slightly, so 12kW should do it for me. Rest details don't have in front of me. Pls check Tesla website. VA has net metering as well, and Powewalls were not in my budget. Plan was always to use the CC monies to fund the panel

Right now say Jan 25 270s are at ~ $6, say 6.
I could roll to Jan 260 400 for same $6 ... or say like $350 for $9. 1st choice more neutral. 2nd choice is more bearish, take money upfront. And after SP drops after vote, can move back to Jan25 250s and keep the difference in spreads ... just a thought. Also rolling before the vote means will get better price for Jan 26 (at least short term - assuming SP goes down)
Also Jan 26 not that bad, Jan 27 will be available by Sept
The current Jan 25 270s are from prior rolls down from 500, 400 and 350 ...

Main thing is you have "options with options"

+ On Solar . it's 12kW system. Costs like 22K after tax rebates. The previous house I sold, I had 8kW and my summer needs were not met slightly, so 12kW should do it for me. Rest details don't have in front of me. Pls check Tesla website. VA has net metering as well, and Powewalls were not in my budget. Plan was always to use the CC monies to fund the panels :)
Thanks and highly appreciated. MIne is an 8 kw system and only produces 6KW only.

Do you mind sharing the date and strikes you are using to sell the calls? I also own NVDA, AVGO, and other Semis and MAG7.
Well I sold the NVDA July $1000 @61,5 and I'm working on the AVGO $1560 July for $48.50 but it did t clear. I'm fine with either going they are in TAA and up 1000% at this point.

Trying to sell july MU @140 FOR $7.5

Willing to sell AMD for July @190 for $5 or 185 for 8. That's another 10+ bagger at this point.

Haven't figured out TSM or ASML yet

At this point I need to reduce position size but I've been selling calls hard for 2 years now

Last edited:
Well I sold the NVDA July $1000 @61,5 and I'm working on the AVGO $1560 July for $48.50 but it did t clear. I'm fine with either going they are in TAA and up 1000% at this point.

Willing to sell AMD for July @190 for $5 or 185 for 8. That's another 10+ bagger at this point.

At this point I need to reduce position size but I've been selling calls hard for 2 years now

I’m enjoying tremendous vicarious pleasure reading this and happy for you and happy seeing you and others doing well diversified. I’m still a one-trick pony trading solely TSLA, at least until I can escape my longs ($260-$320)—maybe my head needs an adjustment. Meanwhile watching and hopefully learning.

I remember NVDA <$110; SPY <$350, Meta <$90, etc. not so long ago. But with TSLA down near $100 the same time it was hard to imagine changing horses then.

So back to my daily mediation: Keep calm and trade on!

😍

I have a feeling a lot of people will get bagged next week. Seems like not enough people take the "last refueling station" seriously enough. Downside risk is $7.5, upside is $25+. Still many are hedging with short calls.
Travelled this week, little time on the wire ... what's next week event? I still have 5x +p180 long put for Jan '25 , getting the gut feel it may be time to cash in.

Thanks, and congrats on so many 10 baggers!