Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought back ONE -c765 @2.40 at the open. It was a partial fill, so just caught the bottom. Then adjusted and closed the rest at $3.25. Then closed c770s at $2.20 in my small account. In the largest account I have a day order for -c765 @1.50, though maybe should just let it ride because of the -p750s in that account. So far, it looks like I’ve recovered from my disastrous last week. Perhaps will resell Tuesday/Wednesday on a bounce.

i have a boatload of -p720 but not panicking yet... we're not touching the 730 Pre-Market low and 50-SMA seems to be giving support
1632146671000.png

I'm looking to buy DITM LEAPS either Jun23 or Jan24. The purpose is to use these to sell calls against. One thing is the extrinsic value of the option. If I get Jun23 C400, it's 372. That's 735-400 = 335-372= $45 of extrinsic value. As I move up the SP that's still ITM (ie 500), the extrinsic that I'm paying for is higher. If I'm buying these, that means that I'm going to be loosing extrinsic value over time. Other than being able to get more contracts for the allocated funds, there's no reason to buying a higher SP contract correct?

Can I ask why most are suddenly so bearish about this friday's close?

Last friday most here were expecting a huge up week this week. I was fortunate enough with this drop to close out my rolled 755 10/1 cc's at break even, and I opened some -690/+670 BPS for $2 per contract.

The put wall at $700 is huge. Why on earth would we go below? (Or am I too optimistic? What am I missing? This drop just seems macro related and will pass sooner than later IMO, especially with all the good Tesla news on the horizon.)

Last friday most here were expecting a huge up week this week. I was fortunate enough with this drop to close out my rolled 755 10/1 cc's at break even, and I opened some -690/+670 BPS for $2 per contract.

The put wall at $700 is huge. Why on earth would we go below? (Or am I too optimistic? What am I missing? This drop just seems macro related and will pass sooner than later IMO, especially with all the good Tesla news on the horizon.)
I totally agree - last week on Monday we went down to $709...... and then bounced back hard
This week is probably much the same, I am holding strong with 09/24 -$695/+$675 BPS and have no plans of adjusting until later in the week if needed.

It's looking like a quieter week so far.

STO 450 x 685/700 780/810 IC @$2.65 &
STO 100 x 675/700 780/810 IC @4.10

I was originally targeting the second IC but dropped the BPS to $15 range as it looked better but has since traded erratically. So I sold the extra 100 with $25 BPS range and was trying for more but missed the window. I'll reassess Tuesday before I sell more and may roll the BPS side up as high as 695/720 for more credit if we stabilise.

It is the macros that have me concerned.
We are overdo for a correction, inflation is a major concern and government spending is going the wrong way in that regard.
TSLA has a Beta of 1.3 so macros can effect it greatly.
I think many put on aggressive Put strategies last week and the consensus ( me included) was that TSLA would be up today. Not down like 4%.
So I don't think it's so much being bearish for the week as being surprised by the big move down today, concerned of the overall market and the managing of Puts that are coming close to ITM.
Those using a lot of margin have to be concerned about a market drop more than a cash account does,

I added to my 690-640 bps and sold a 730 put for 13.50. Should have listened to the resistance being below 730, could have gotten 17.50 for the 730 put. I have no idea where we're going, but it looks like 725 was resistance for now. Evergrande is our new worry wall and will Xi let the banks bail it out and can China bail out all the bad real estate loans out there? This could hang over the market for a while and restrain the positive news from P&D report and even earnings. I still think the trend will drive toward 900 by end of year, but macro issues may keep us from a quick jump past 800, which I was expecting this week or next.

Reactions: corduroy