Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bookmap.

To answer bingoz, I'm new to this tool so have an elementary understanding of the tool. Interesting to see where the walls and support are.

I’m somewhat familiar with this tool. The red on the right of the prices represent the sell orders/selling pressure (i.e., resistances, but sometimes price-action chews right through it). The green are buy orders.

The red orbs to the left indicate selling dominating. The green indicate buying dominating.

• Informative
Reactions: Cherry Wine
1683298022919.png

Still following the January playbook to the T. Next stop is a test of the hourly 200 EMA. Rejected there to pull back and retest the breakout level @ 165, then up we go. Will Tesla raise prices some more? I don't know. I just follow the chart.

View attachment 934802
Still following the January playbook to the T. Next stop is a test of the hourly 200 EMA. Rejected there to pull back and retest the breakout level @ 165, then up we go. Will Tesla raise prices some more? I don't know. I just follow the chart.

Given the strength (finally!), if we pass $170 today or early next week, are 5/12 (next Friday) open $180 -C still safe?

Also, what cadence are you seeing for “off we go”?

Thanks again!

Given the strength (finally!), if we pass $170 today or early next week, are 5/12 (next Friday) open $180 -C still safe?

Also, what cadence are you seeing for “off we go”?

Thanks again!
Not gonna happen. Will pull back before 171.5. If we make a $10 green candle on some news then I'll redo the chart but right now there's no point considering that possibility.
Just up. I don't know the slope yet.

Not gonna happen. Will pull back before 171.5. If we make a $10 green candle on some news then I'll redo the chart but right now there's no point considering that possibility.
Just up. I don't know the slope yet.

Thank you. “Not gonna happen” you mean not likely for TSLA reaching $180 by 5/12, right. Just double-checking.

The chartist in me say 100% safe but the TSLA bull whispers "what if?". However, before breaking 171 we should pull back to retest 165 once, if this rally has legs. I'll close these calls on that retest.

Opened 5/12 -c177.5/+c187.5 @ .80 , setting a closing order at .60 , which should be near 165. Otherwise, will ride out over weekend , burn theta , manage Monday, reload if needed.

Reactions: Jim Holder
I'm not much of a TA believer either but it's used almost everywhere as a platform for trade ideas. Not sure it makes much sense in a dedicated Tesla options thread but that's proven to be a dead horse. Hopefully very few folks are seriously trading from these ideas.
Yeah, hopefully very few people followed my bottom call @ 152.3. Everyone should have sold their shares in the 150s as $0 is the bottom.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're still holding up (as far as I can tell from that emoji). What's your plan for the ones you rolled and did not want to be assigned?
I rolled my 90x core shares to next week for +$1, and let my trading shares exercise to sell puts…

I think there’s a lot of euphoria around tech earnings, with disregard to the wider economic outlook

I am, but feels like I'm playing with fire!

Having to roll sold calls is however a problem I look forward to having.

Me too on both. Some 6/24 -C300 (for the 0.22 delta and above my CB). Looking to BTC on retest of 165.

Also STO at peak today 30x 5/12 -C180 and 60x -C182. Hopefully we get a chance to BTC for gains.

I’m all for TSLA getting back into an uptrend, just at a pace that doesn’t decimate our short calls ;-)

I’d love to see $200+ by June.

Last edited: